    www.kruse.co.uk
    home of SEO that's shiny!
    --
    Big Bill, Dec 27, 2004

  2. On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:06:33 +0000, Big Bill wrote:

    > I see that doesn't validate, odd as some validators seem to think it
    > does (or I misread them).
    > So should I be using a css value instead?

    Yep. If it's a matter of how it's going to look, you should be using CSS
    to do it.

    <selector> {
    border-color: <hex value or colour name>;
    }
    Brendan Taylor, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Big Bill

    Neal Guest

    Brendan Taylor wrote:
    If it's a matter of how it's going to look, you should be using CSS
    > to do it.
    >
    > <selector> {
    > border-color: <hex value or colour name>;
    > }

    Except for the < and the >, which don't belong in the CSS... I see what
    you're doing, but perhaps [ and ] are clearer for the less initiated.
    Neal, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Big Bill

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:06:33 GMT, Big Bill <> wrote:

    : I see that doesn't validate, odd as some validators seem to think it
    : does (or I misread them).
    : So should I be using a css value instead?

    td {border:2px dotted blue;}
    td {border:1px solid red;}
    table {border:2em ridge #993;}

    Specs here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp#border

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Big Bill

    Richard Guest

    Big Bill wrote:

    > I see that doesn't validate, odd as some validators seem to think it
    > does (or I misread them).
    > So should I be using a css value instead?

    > BB

    Just use the [border:solid 1px red] method.

    Richard, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Big Bill

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:34:50 +0200, Sid Ismail <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:06:33 GMT, Big Bill <> wrote:
    >
    >: I see that doesn't validate, odd as some validators seem to think it
    >: does (or I misread them).
    >: So should I be using a css value instead?
    >

    >td {border:2px dotted blue;}
    >td {border:1px solid red;}
    >table {border:2em ridge #993;}
    >
    >Specs here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp#border
    >
    >Sid

    That's good, thanks all.

    BB
    --
    www.kruse.co.uk
    home of SEO that's shiny!
    Big Bill, Dec 27, 2004
  7. On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:39:57 -0500, Neal wrote:

    >> <selector> {
    >> border-color: <hex value or colour name>;
    >> }

    > Except for the < and the >, which don't belong in the CSS... I see what
    > you're doing, but perhaps [ and ] are clearer for the less initiated.

    Yeah, I didn't think that through very well. Thanks for the clarification.
    Brendan Taylor, Dec 27, 2004