    app there are usually not much need for these kinds of things, and usually
    the classes are simply the codebehinds.

    Any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y21heQ==?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y21heQ==?=

    Patrice Guest

    You could have a look at VS 2005 (still in beta). AFAIK it includes a visual
    desginer for classes...

    Try :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/07/whitehorse/default.aspx

    Patrice

    --

    "cmay" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I am looking for something to help me with documenting / planning /

    designing

    Patrice, Jan 3, 2005

  3. I use paper and pen more often than not, for my initial designs. I don't use
    Visio unless I want to show it to a client or something of that nature.
    Believe it or not, a scratch pad is a great design tool.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Note, that Kevin doesn't use an eraser :)

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Nah, scribbling is much more fun! ;-)

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 3, 2005
  6. true guys .... unless I have a couple of pages with diagrams and code lets
    scribbled here and there I dont feel like I am wolking on something serious
    but yeah if it gets more then a cpl of pages I think one should start using
    tools like visio.

    =?Utf-8?B?WWF0ZW5kcmEgS2hhbmRlbHdhbA==?=, Jan 3, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y21heQ==?=

    No one Guest

    cmay wrote:
    > I am looking for something to help me with documenting / planning / designing
    > my asp.net applications.
    >
    > Once in a while I try doing some UML in Visio, but it really feels like
    > overkill, espically when the application I am going ot be creating is only a
    > handfull of pages with limited number of new classes.
    >
    > It seems most of the tools out there that do design and code generation
    > would be best suited for large win32 application development, with large
    > class libraries and numerous dependencies. When creating a simple asp.net
    > app there are usually not much need for these kinds of things, and usually
    > the classes are simply the codebehinds.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Visio is a terrible design tool for anything. I only use it to create
    documentation. Usually I do design on whiteboard and paper with at
    least one other person so there is a difference of opinion.

    No one, Jan 5, 2005
  8. > documentation. Usually I do design on whiteboard and paper with at least
    > one other person so there is a difference of opinion.

    But what if he/she agrees with you? ;-)

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 5, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Y21heQ==?=

    Bob Moore Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:54:24 -0500, Kevin Spencer wrote:

    >But what if he/she agrees with you? ;-)

    five developers == at least six opinions :)

    --
    Bob Moore
    http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

    Bob Moore, Jan 5, 2005