What type of error is this ?

MFA

Hi All

Thanks to all who replied to my question dated 16/10/2003 with the same
subject..

In all replies I got every one is saying that I am using cint() etc. But i
am not using any convert method.

What I am using.

I have one application veriable defined in global.asa that contain server
address and that variable I am using as below.
src =
"<%=Application("Server")%>/gimages/Media_Temp/Templat3/images/template3_r19
_c41.jpg"

I am using so many times same variable in same page.

I tried to add the variable one by one and error is coming some where in
mid.
If I am not using this variable and giving the server address as hard coded
there is no error.

This thing is giving me a real big problem...

Error is below.
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Kind Regards
Fayyaz

---------------------------------Previous
text-------------------------------------------

I'll bet you a dollar. Are you using a function that expects an integer as
an argument? How about showing your relevant code and we'll figure it out
more easily.

Ray at work

MFA said:
Thanks for your reply.

No I am not converting using any variable in that page..

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Mark Schupp

Unless you can show the actual line where the error is occurring or show all
of your code no one is going to be able to help you much.

I would recommend that you put the value from Application("Server") into a
local string variable if you are using it more than once.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

MFA said:
Thanks for your reply.

No I am not converting using any variable in that page..

can't
go

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Bob Barrows

An overflow results when you try to assign a number to a space in memory
that is not configured to contain the number of bytes required to represent
the number. For example, you may have a variable that is defined as Integer.
This variable will only be able to contain a number up to 32,768. If you try
to assign a larger number, such as 33362, to the variable, it will generate
an overflow error.

This can also happen when you are adding two Integers together, if the
result of the addition is greater than 32,768. When vbscript adds two
numbers together, it creates a space in memory to store the result
temporarily. It uses the largest datatype of the two numbers being added to
create that space. So, if you add two Integers, it will create a temporary
space that is configured to store an Integer. If the two integers being
added are 21000 and 22000, the result, 43000 will be too big to put into the
temporary storage location, causing the overflow error. The solution is to
use CLng to convert at least one of the addends to a Long, so that the
temporary storage location will be configured to store a Long result.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Ray at

We're still waiting for you to show us the code, so we can help you.
(Sorry if this message is double-posted.)

Ray at work

MFA said:
Hi All
I have one application veriable defined in global.asa that contain server
address and that variable I am using as below.
src =
_c41.jpg"

I am using so many times same variable in same page.

I tried to add the variable one by one and error is coming some where in
mid.
If I am not using this variable and giving the server address as hard coded
there is no error.

This thing is giving me a real big problem...

Error is below.
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Kind Regards
Fayyaz

Ray at

WHAT LINE IS THE ERROR ON? THIS FILE IS 719 LINES LONG.

Ray at home

MFA said:
Thanks for your detail replies and help.

I have attached source file.
When I am using <%=Application("Server")%> it giving me error when I am
using http://127.0.0.1 its working fine, and I tried this assigning
<%=Application("Server")%> value to a local variable but problem is same.

I have many other .asp files on above of this file. I am using this file as
include file..

Kind regards
Fayyaz

Ray at said:
We're still waiting for you to show us the code, so we can help you.
(Sorry if this message is double-posted.)

Ray at work

MFA said:
Hi All
I have one application veriable defined in global.asa that contain server
address and that variable I am using as below.
src =
_c41.jpg"

I am using so many times same variable in same page.

I tried to add the variable one by one and error is coming some where in
mid.
If I am not using this variable and giving the server address as hard coded
there is no error.

This thing is giving me a real big problem...

Error is below.
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Kind Regards
Fayyaz

MFA

Its giving error in any of parent file where I have included this file.

And again let me tell u when I am doing the (below) changes in this file
error is coming.
If you want to see the parent code thats not possible as I am including it
in different files dynamiclly.
And I searched my whole project no where I am using Cint(), I am using
Clng() and cdbl() and even I changed cdbl() to clng() but no success.

I think there is any limit or something towards using variables or specially
application() variables its not materr on converting interger or adding
integers.

Any how thanks for your help.

Regards
Fayyaz

MFA said:
[...]

When you get this error, does the page look like this in your browser?

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'cint'

/PATH/FILE.ASP, line 3

Notice that it tells you the file in which the error is occurring and the
line number in that file. It doesn't matter if it's in an include, or if
you have the code sitting on a floppy disk. WHAT FILE. WHAT LINE NUMBER.
WHAT IS ON THAT LINE IN THAT FILE?

Ray at work

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

you have the code sitting on a floppy disk. WHAT FILE. WHAT LINE NUMBER.
WHAT IS ON THAT LINE IN THAT FILE?

I gave up a few days ago. Not worth being frustrated about... however maybe
MFA could benefit from reading http://www.aspfaq.com/2081

And also doing this at the beginning of the file:

<%
srv = srv
response.Write srv
%>

And then replacing all 221 calls to <%=Application("Server")%> to <%=srv%>

(Reduces file size from 67k to 43k)

MFA

Here is the error exactly

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

We got that already, several times. Perhaps you missed the upper case
portions of Ray's post. Here, I'll repeat them.

Why do you insist on making debugging so painful?

MFA

Thanks very much all of you for your support and advises.
I think I cannot explain to you more than this.

Any how thanks again and regards.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 33362]'

We got that already, several times. Perhaps you missed the upper case
portions of Ray's post. Here, I'll repeat them.

Why do you insist on making debugging so painful?

Ray at

Is this site available on the web? If so, can you post a link or something?
There seems to be a barrier that exists that I think I can bypass by using
http:// instead of person://.

Ray at work