    page via Google (I remember what it looks like and none of the searches
    on Google that I try are it...)
    Can anyone assist in pointing out that link again please?

    Alex Hunsley, Mar 28, 2006

  2. Re: What was that Java code analyzer link someone posted a few daysago?

    Alex Hunsley wrote:
    > Someone quite recently posted a link here to a very useful looking Java
    > code analyzer (in the last few days).
    > Try as I may, I can't find the original post, and I can't find the web
    > page via Google (I remember what it looks like and none of the searches
    > on Google that I try are it...)
    > Can anyone assist in pointing out that link again please?

    did you search google groups?

    /tom

    tom fredriksen, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Alex Hunsley

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Alex Hunsley wrote:

    > Someone quite recently posted a link here to a very useful looking Java
    > code analyzer (in the last few days).

    What /sort/ of analysis ?

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Alex Hunsley

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    tom fredriksen wrote:
    > Alex Hunsley wrote:
    >> Someone quite recently posted a link here to a very useful looking Java
    >> code analyzer (in the last few days).
    >> Try as I may, I can't find the original post, and I can't find the web
    >> page via Google (I remember what it looks like and none of the searches
    >> on Google that I try are it...)
    >> Can anyone assist in pointing out that link again please?

    > did you search google groups?

    Yup, that too...

    Alex Hunsley, Mar 28, 2006
  5. Alex Hunsley

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Alex Hunsley wrote:
    >
    >> Someone quite recently posted a link here to a very useful looking Java
    >> code analyzer (in the last few days).

    > What /sort/ of analysis ?
    >
    > -- chris

    It warned of inappropriate thread use, unused vars, all sorts of good
    handy that I can't for the life of me now remember most of!
    I thought of scouring my firefox cache, but of course it's not plainly
    accessible in the same way as the IE.

    Alex Hunsley, Mar 28, 2006
  6. Alex Hunsley

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Alex Hunsley wrote:

    > It warned of inappropriate thread use, unused vars, all sorts of good
    > handy that I can't for the life of me now remember most of!
    > I thought of scouring my firefox cache, but of course it's not plainly
    > accessible in the same way as the IE.

    Possibly it was one of these. I think the first was mentioned most recently:
    http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/
    http://javapathfinder.sourceforge.net/
    http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/
    http://pmd.sourceforge.net/
    http://hammurapi.org

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Mar 28, 2006
  7. A round of applause for findbugs. Get results minutes after download.
    I've downloaded many analyzers but don't have the time/will to go
    through configuration.

    Opalinski

    http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/

    opalinski from opalpaweb, Mar 28, 2006