  1. Trans

    Trans Guest

    Does anyone even care that the Gateway has been down for so long now?

    Trans, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Trans

    Dave Burt Guest

    Trans wrote:
    > Does anyone even care that the Gateway has been down for so long now?

    I care, but I don't have the power to do anything about it. It's
    actually working out rather well; I've been a lot more productive with
    the reduced flow in c.l.r!

    Cheers,
    Dave

    Dave Burt, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Trans

    James H. Guest

    Pardon my naivity, but what is "the Gateway"?

    James H.

    James H., Apr 15, 2006
  4. Trans

    George Ogata Guest

    "Trans" <> writes:

    > Does anyone even care that the Gateway has been down for so long now?

    Yes.

    George Ogata, Apr 15, 2006
  5. The newsgroup is comp.lang.ruby. There is another 'private' group,
    possibly "ruby-talk" mailing list that deals with all talk about ruby,
    and because of the overlapping interest there is an intermediate
    feeder, or the gateway, that is subscribed to that mailing list, and
    then feeds any article on that list to the group comp.lang.ruby.
    With the gateway down, the articles are not made available to
    this newsgroup. Articles on about the gateway, its ups and
    downs, occasionally have appeared in this group.

    best regards,
    Gerald

    Gerald Murray, Apr 15, 2006
  6. Trans