    Please Clear this,

    Thanx in Advnc.

    Regards.

    Raj Sharma, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Raj Sharma wrote:

    > Hai Guys,
    > I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
    > long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
    > been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
    > the flexiblity in terms of Programming?
    >
    > Please Clear this,

    At first this newsgroup has nothing to do with VC++ but with the C++
    programming language in general.

    C++ is not only .NET. With C++ you can do .NET applications, but also
    Linux applications, Unix Applications, Mac OS applications, Palm OS
    applications, operating systems (Windows is written in C++), compilers
    (C# compiler is written in C++), etc.

    C++ is the dominant general purpose programming language, and is used
    from small embedded devices to large mainframes and super computers,
    that is it exists in all computer systems.

    Some references:

    http://www.research.att.com/~bs/esc99.html
    http://www.biltek.ieee.metu.edu.tr/sayi/mayis01/bs_eng.html
    http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/710/lw-02-stroustrup
    http://www.research.att.com/~bs/nantes-interview-english.html

    Regards,

    Ioannis Vranos

    Ioannis Vranos, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Raj Sharma wrote:

    > Hai Guys,
    > I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
    > long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
    > been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
    > the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

    Also check the Visual Studio roadmap:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/roadmap.aspx

    There look the Visual C++ section.

    Regards,

    Ioannis Vranos

    Ioannis Vranos, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Raj Sharma

    Phlip Guest

    Raj Sharma wrote:

    > Hai Guys,
    > I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
    > long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
    > been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
    > the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

    VC++ is based on C++, which is an open standard, with healthy competition.

    C# is based on Java, which represents non-open standards and competition
    between MS and Sun. This unhealthy competition will treat programmers as
    human currency, to trade between the two systems.

    You will rise above this system by not calling yourself "a Java programmer"
    or "a C++ programmer". Aspire to be a "software engineer" who can learn any
    language on the fly to get things done.

    Further, all of C++, Java and C# use static typing. Languages like Ruby,
    Python or Smalltalk use dynamic typing, which folks are slowly learning is a
    much healthier paradigm for coding.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Raj Sharma

    Blue Ocean Guest

    "Phlip" <> wrote in message news:<WnTHc.3093$>...
    > Raj Sharma wrote:
    >
    > > Hai Guys,
    > > I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
    > > long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
    > > been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
    > > the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

    > VC++ is based on C++, which is an open standard, with healthy competition.
    >
    > C# is based on Java, which represents non-open standards and competition
    > between MS and Sun. This unhealthy competition will treat programmers as
    > human currency, to trade between the two systems.
    >
    > You will rise above this system by not calling yourself "a Java programmer"
    > or "a C++ programmer". Aspire to be a "software engineer" who can learn any
    > language on the fly to get things done.
    >
    > Further, all of C++, Java and C# use static typing. Languages like Ruby,
    > Python or Smalltalk use dynamic typing, which folks are slowly learning is a
    > much healthier paradigm for coding.

    Yes, I agree. It's all programming. If you want to fall in love with
    anything about computers, fall in love with programming and not a
    particular language. That way, even after everything we know has
    passed, you will still be there, and not fiddling around only with
    archaic computers and a language no one uses any more.

    Not that fiddling around with archaic computers is bad, or anything.
    All I'm saying is don't let yourself get stuck in the past.

    Blue Ocean, Jul 10, 2004
  6. Raj Sharma

    Phlip Guest

    Blue Ocean wrote:

    > Yes, I agree. It's all programming. If you want to fall in love with
    > anything about computers, fall in love with programming and not a
    > particular language. That way, even after everything we know has
    > passed, you will still be there, and not fiddling around only with
    > archaic computers and a language no one uses any more.

    Which language was that?

    ;-)

    --
    Phlip