What will be future of VC++

Raj Sharma

Hai Guys,
I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

Please Clear this,

Thanx in Advnc.

Regards.

Ioannis Vranos

Raj said:
Hai Guys,
I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

Please Clear this,

At first this newsgroup has nothing to do with VC++ but with the C++
programming language in general.

C++ is not only .NET. With C++ you can do .NET applications, but also
Linux applications, Unix Applications, Mac OS applications, Palm OS
applications, operating systems (Windows is written in C++), compilers
(C# compiler is written in C++), etc.

C++ is the dominant general purpose programming language, and is used
from small embedded devices to large mainframes and super computers,
that is it exists in all computer systems.

Some references:

http://www.research.att.com/~bs/esc99.html
http://www.biltek.ieee.metu.edu.tr/sayi/mayis01/bs_eng.html
http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/710/lw-02-stroustrup
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/nantes-interview-english.html

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

Phlip

Raj said:
Hai Guys,
I am new to the group well i have one doubt in my mind from a
long time, that what will be the Future of VC++, as full framework has
been now .NET so will it be easy to shift to C#, or Will C# provide
the flexiblity in terms of Programming?

VC++ is based on C++, which is an open standard, with healthy competition.

C# is based on Java, which represents non-open standards and competition
between MS and Sun. This unhealthy competition will treat programmers as
human currency, to trade between the two systems.

You will rise above this system by not calling yourself "a Java programmer"
or "a C++ programmer". Aspire to be a "software engineer" who can learn any
language on the fly to get things done.

Further, all of C++, Java and C# use static typing. Languages like Ruby,
Python or Smalltalk use dynamic typing, which folks are slowly learning is a
much healthier paradigm for coding.

Blue Ocean

Phlip said:
VC++ is based on C++, which is an open standard, with healthy competition.

C# is based on Java, which represents non-open standards and competition
between MS and Sun. This unhealthy competition will treat programmers as
human currency, to trade between the two systems.

You will rise above this system by not calling yourself "a Java programmer"
or "a C++ programmer". Aspire to be a "software engineer" who can learn any
language on the fly to get things done.

Further, all of C++, Java and C# use static typing. Languages like Ruby,
Python or Smalltalk use dynamic typing, which folks are slowly learning is a
much healthier paradigm for coding.

Yes, I agree. It's all programming. If you want to fall in love with
anything about computers, fall in love with programming and not a
particular language. That way, even after everything we know has
passed, you will still be there, and not fiddling around only with
archaic computers and a language no one uses any more.

Not that fiddling around with archaic computers is bad, or anything.
All I'm saying is don't let yourself get stuck in the past.

Phlip

Blue said:
Yes, I agree. It's all programming. If you want to fall in love with
anything about computers, fall in love with programming and not a
particular language. That way, even after everything we know has
passed, you will still be there, and not fiddling around only with
archaic computers and a language no one uses any more.

Which language was that?

;-)