what would you suggest?

Sam

I have multiple screens during a registration process. I have noticed that
most BIG registration websites are not using "hidden text input objects" to
carry the information from one page to another.

what would you suggest?
1) use hidden field objects for example <input type=hidden name=myobj>
2) store in cookies
3) save to a database and retrieve and save as the user goes through the
pages. Even though they could abort the process mid stream.

Thanks.

Jack Li

Hi Sam,

IMHO the hidden text is an old tricks... you can always use session /
cookies to replace it. Saving to database or not I guess it's depends on do
you need those partial data.

Regards,
Jack Li
MVP (ASP.NET)

Steve H.

Is there a way to insert data into the viewstate instead?

It seems like the most appropriate place IMHO, but i dont know if it's
possible.