Whatever happened to the Calibre project?

John W. Long

Whatever happened to the Calibre project?

It seems that there are a few gems that are remnants of the project (gem
search --remote calibre), but I can't locate a related Web site.

There doesn't even appear to be a project for it on RubyForge anymore:

http://calibre.rubyforge.com

Has it been renamed?

Trans

John said:
Whatever happened to the Calibre project?

It seems that there are a few gems that are remnants of the project (gem
search --remote calibre), but I can't locate a related Web site.

There doesn't even appear to be a project for it on RubyForge anymore:

http://calibre.rubyforge.com

Has it been renamed?

Pau Garcia and Ross are correct. Calibre became Facets/MORE. I.e. the
class and module additions of Facets (as opposed to Facets/CORE which
houses the extension methods).

Calibre did have one advantage over Facets, btw. With Calibre you could
download/install any class/module independently of any other. With
Facets you have to download and install everything at once. Some people
complain about the size of lib becuase of this, but it's really not all
thay big by today's standards, and you are welcome to cherry pick the
lib if you wish (just be sure to give proper credits). Also, I will
soon release a very nice solution for this very issue.

HFH,
T.

(Hey Ross. Thanks for the good word!)

John W. Long

Trans said:
Pau Garcia and Ross are correct. Calibre became Facets/MORE. I.e. the
class and module additions of Facets (as opposed to Facets/CORE which
houses the extension methods).

Perhaps something could be setup so that when you search for Calibre on
RubyForge it comes up with the Facets library? I think it's just a
matter of mentioning Calibre in the project summary.

Trans

John said:
Perhaps something could be setup so that when you search for Calibre on
RubyForge it comes up with the Facets library? I think it's just a
matter of mentioning Calibre in the project summary.

Done. Good idea!

Thanks,
T.