    Ian Guest

    What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
    personal web page?

    Ian, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Ian

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:23 -0400, Ian <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
    > simple
    > personal web page?

    Better - w3schools, learn HTML, it's easier in the long run to get good
    results. You can do it in Notepad, though I prefer Crimson Editor because
    it colors the code contextually.

    Neal, Oct 16, 2004

  3. "Ian" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
    > simple
    > personal web page?

    Go to pagetutor.com and learn the basics and then go to evrsoft.com and
    download 1stpage2000.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Oct 16, 2004
  4. Ian wrote:
    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
    > personal web page?

    Vim.

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Ian wrote:

    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
    > personal web page?

    http://www.editplus.com/ You decide if you want to
    pay the 30$ to register.
    Learn the basics here: http://www.w3schools.com/
    Keep out of trouble by following some simple
    rules: http://home.no.net/ingernet/links.php#How
    (My page, skip the advice related to genealogy if
    that's not what you are doing, and disregard the
    looks of the site, it's undergoing an upgrade to
    XHTML.)

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
    http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Ian

    Rhino Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:23 -0400, Ian wrote:

    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a simple
    > personal web page?

    www.w3.org to learn HTML or
    http://www.netmechanic.com/news/webmaster-resources.htm

    If you are using a free Linux OS you can use the free Quanta+ HTML editor
    that comes with the Linux OS or Bluefish if you want a wysiwyg.

    The best wysiwyg HTML editor available on Windows and Mac and not free is
    Dreamweaver.

    Rhino, Oct 16, 2004
  7. Ian

    brucie Guest

  8. Shailesh Humbad, Oct 16, 2004
  9. Ian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Rhino wrote:

    > If you are using a free Linux OS you can use the free Quanta+ HTML editor
    > that comes with the Linux OS or Bluefish if you want a wysiwyg.

    Huh? Bluefish sure ain't WYSIWYG.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 16, 2004
  10. Ian wrote:

    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
    > simple personal web page?

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 16, 2004
  11. Quoth the raven Shailesh Humbad:

    > Ian wrote:
    >
    >> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to
    >> create a simple personal web page?

    > Just use Mozilla. It is WYSIWYG and free.

    It is wysiwyg, but it messes up your code.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 17, 2004
  12. Ian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Quoth the raven Shailesh Humbad:
    >
    >> Just use Mozilla. It is WYSIWYG and free.

    > It is wysiwyg, but it messes up your code.

    I'm yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that produces cleaner code (using default
    settings; and without going into source code editing view) than Mozilla
    Composer.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 17, 2004
  13. Quoth the raven Toby Inkster:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth the raven Shailesh Humbad:
    >>
    >>> Just use Mozilla. It is WYSIWYG and free.

    >> It is wysiwyg, but it messes up your code.

    > I'm yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that produces cleaner code (using
    > default settings; and without going into source code editing view)
    > than Mozilla Composer.

    How does it work with CSS?

    I was recently helping an amateur work on his site, and (according to
    him) if he would remove a <FONT> element in a text editor, then reopen
    in Composer, it would stick a <FONT> back in, and not allow him to use
    CSS. That's what I based my statement on.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 17, 2004
  14. On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:33:28 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    <> wrote:

    > Quoth the raven Toby Inkster:

    [snip]

    >> Mozilla Composer.

    > How does it work with CSS?

    I couldn't say, personally (I've never used Composer), but there is an
    option to use CSS in preference to presentational HTML. Very early
    versions (before v1.2) have this option disabled by default. It might be
    an idea to check how it performs with this option enabled (assuming it
    wasn't).

    [snip]

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Oct 17, 2004
  15. Quoth the raven Michael Winter:

    > I couldn't say, personally (I've never used Composer), but there is
    > an option to use CSS in preference to presentational HTML. Very
    > early versions (before v1.2) have this option disabled by default.
    > It might be an idea to check how it performs with this option
    > enabled (assuming it wasn't).

    Not sure of the version, but I will ask him, and to check for the
    options. Thanks.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 17, 2004
  16. Ian

    Tabasco1 Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:30:23 -0400, Ian <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
    >> simple
    >> personal web page?

    > Better - w3schools, learn HTML, it's easier in the long run to get good
    > results.

    You will have to learn html eventually anyway HTML editors tend to F^&K Up
    every thing and fix there crapy code anyway.

    >You can do it in Notepad, though I prefer Crimson Editor because it colors
    >the code contextually.

    I love Crimson Editor also! Go to http://www.crimsoneditor.com/ for more
    details.

    Charles
    Torrance, California
    http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com Now accepting PayPal
    http://www.tcpslaship.com under construction

    Tabasco1, Oct 18, 2004
  17. Ian

    aa Guest

    > What's a good HTML editior one can download as shareware to create a
    simple
    > personal web page?

    Depends on your objectives.

    If you want to learn HTML while building that webpage, Notepad would be just
    fine, for it will allow you to concentrate on HTML rather than on user
    interface of whatever you download
    ..
    If you need to build a web page (not a website) quickly without wasting time
    in learning HTML, then do it in Word (which I guess you have and know how to
    use) and save as HTML. The code will look ugly inside but on the surface
    everyhing will be reasonably fine.

    aa, Oct 18, 2004
  18. Ian

    Rhino Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:47:01 +0100, Toby Inkster wrote:

    > I'm yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that produces cleaner code (using default
    > settings; and without going into source code editing view) than Mozilla
    > Composer.

    You haven't used Dreamweaver then. It will handle HTML, CSS, PHP, XML,
    XHTML, Javascript, Java, JSP, ASP, CFM, VBscript, VB, C# and several other
    formats.

    Rhino, Oct 19, 2004
  19. Ian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Rhino wrote:
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> I'm yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that produces cleaner code (using default
    >> settings; and without going into source code editing view) than Mozilla
    >> Composer.

    > You haven't used Dreamweaver then. It will handle HTML, CSS, PHP, XML,
    > XHTML, Javascript, Java, JSP, ASP, CFM, VBscript, VB, C# and several other
    > formats.

    Never said that it didn't handle those formats. Just that (out of the box)
    it produces very messy code.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 19, 2004
  20. Ian

    rf Guest

    Rhino wrote

    > On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:47:01 +0100, Toby Inkster wrote:
    >
    > > I'm yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that produces cleaner code (using

    default
    > > settings; and without going into source code editing view) than Mozilla
    > > Composer.

    > You haven't used Dreamweaver then. It will handle HTML, CSS, PHP, XML,
    > XHTML, Javascript, Java, JSP, ASP, CFM, VBscript, VB, C# and several other
    > formats.

    DW is incompatible with the word Free in the subject line.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 19, 2004