Whats asp's equivilent to PHP's 'extends'?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dan, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I want to be able to do the following, but im not sure how in asp.

    <?php
    class Cart {
    var $items;

    some functions.
    }
    ?>

    <?php
    class Named_Cart extends Cart {
    var $owner;

    }
    ?>

    Dan, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    ok sorry not asp. vbscript

    Dan, Apr 27, 2006

  3. "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > ok sorry not asp. vbscript

    VBScript classes can not be extended. If you want to implement an OO design
    serverside use Javascript. I don't know PHP that well but what I've seen of
    it Javascript would seem to be a more natural language to port to.

    Anthony Jones, Apr 27, 2006