    On the 15th level, there is a troll
    He drinks no wine and smokes no stogies
    But, oh he loves to eat them little rougies
    ForHimself Every Man, Aug 18, 2003

  2. ForHimself Every Man

    Ganesan R Guest

    > What's better about Rattlesnakes than Python. I'm sure there's
    > something. What is it?

    > This is not a troll. I'm a snake shooping and I want people's
    > answers. I don't know beans about Rattlesnakes or have an
    > preconceived ideas about them. I noticed, however, that everyone I
    > talk to who are aware of Pythons are also afraid of Rattlesnakes. So
    > it seems that Rattlesnakes have the potential to compete with and
    > displace Pythons. I'm curious how evolution will play this out.

    ROTFL. Thank you very much. I really needed this :).

    --
    Ganesan R
    Ganesan R, Aug 18, 2003

  3. ForHimself Every Man

    Andrew Dalke Guest

    Brandon J. Van Every:
    > If
    > you want to live in a desert, and you want to hear your pet easily, you're
    > better off with a rattlesnake.

    So I live in a desert. I recently involuntarily acquired some
    mouse housemates, which I want to get rid of (and are keeping
    me up late tonight because I can hear the occasional rustle.)

    Would Rattlesnake or Python be better at de-mousing my house?
    Do either come with an IDE? (Infestation Devouring Engine)
    Do either need a lot of support? Are there books on the topic?

    Blah. I'm up too late to make even my normal medium quality
    quips. Tomorrow it'll be trap shopping day. Again. Caught
    two already in glue traps.

    Andrew
    Andrew Dalke, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Andrew Dalke wrote:

    >Brandon J. Van Every:
    >

    >>If
    >>you want to live in a desert, and you want to hear your pet easily, you're
    >>better off with a rattlesnake.
    >>

    >So I live in a desert. I recently involuntarily acquired some
    >mouse housemates, which I want to get rid of (and are keeping
    >me up late tonight because I can hear the occasional rustle.)
    >
    >Would Rattlesnake or Python be better at de-mousing my house?
    >Do either come with an IDE? (Infestation Devouring Engine)
    >Do either need a lot of support? Are there books on the topic?

    Any snake born in Java will perform better than these two; at least
    that's what the Javanese snake-sellers tell me. What they don't tell you
    is that you'll have to spend ten times as long training the darn snake.

    I hear that sea-snakes are pretty fast too. But be warned: if you point
    a sea-snake in an invalid direction, it may never come back. Also, be
    prepared to clean up the mouse carcasses yourself.

    >Blah. I'm up too late to make even my normal medium quality
    >quips. Tomorrow it'll be trap shopping day. Again. Caught
    >two already in glue traps.

    That's a statically-typed trapping solution, isn't it?

    (Too late for me too, I think)

    -- Graham
    Graham Fawcett, Aug 18, 2003
  5. ForHimself Every Man

    Borcis Guest

    Borcis, Aug 18, 2003
  6. In article <>, Borcis <> wrote:
    >Graham Fawcett wrote:
    >>
    >> Any snake born in Java will perform better

    > http://www.herpafauna.com/pics/pythons/retic-java.html
    >
    >is in the 9-meters league; no competitors, except the anaconda.

    I assume they are called "jythons" for short...
    Gary D. Duzan, Aug 18, 2003
  7. Andrew Dalke wrote:

    > Would Rattlesnake or Python be better at de-mousing my house?
    > Do either come with an IDE? (Infestation Devouring Engine)
    > Do either need a lot of support? Are there books on the topic?

    I think snakes tend to swallow their prey and then go dormant for awhile.
    But, maybe that's just for really big prey. A python is much bigger than a
    rattlesnake, so would probably eat more meeces for you.

    --
    Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    20% of the world is real.
    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 18, 2003
  8. Graham Fawcett wrote:

    > Any snake born in Java will perform better than these two; at least
    > that's what the Javanese snake-sellers tell me. What they don't tell
    > you
    > is that you'll have to spend ten times as long training the darn
    > snake.

    What, Java doesn't have mice?

    > I hear that sea-snakes are pretty fast too. But be warned: if you
    > point
    > a sea-snake in an invalid direction, it may never come back. Also, be
    > prepared to clean up the mouse carcasses yourself.

    Nonsense. The carcasses fall to the bottom of the ocean. If your ocean is
    big enough, it doesn't matter. If your ocean is an inflatable kiddie
    pool....

    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 18, 2003
  9. Borcis <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Graham Fawcett wrote:
    > >
    > > Any snake born in Java will perform better

    > http://www.herpafauna.com/pics/pythons/retic-java.html
    >
    > is in the 9-meters league; no competitors, except the anaconda.

    Ahhh, yes -- that's the python that was ported into Java. ;-)

    no-more-obfuscated-serpentified-language-referential-puns-for-me-ly yours,

    and-btw-sea-snake-was-a-pun-on-C-snake- \
    didn't-think-it-was-too-obscure-at-the-time-ly yrs again,

    -- G
    Graham Fawcett, Aug 18, 2003
  10. Gary D. Duzan wrote:
    > In article <>, Borcis <>
    > wrote:
    >> Graham Fawcett wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Any snake born in Java will perform better

    >> http://www.herpafauna.com/pics/pythons/retic-java.html
    >>
    >> is in the 9-meters league; no competitors, except the anaconda.
    >>

    > I assume they are called "jythons" for short...

    Rather than for long?

    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 18, 2003