    hard drive would be faster to load. Or does one have priority over the
    other?

    Thanks for your help.
    Bruce W.1, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Using a Database for images is alot slower then if you just stored them on file.
    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmRvZUBkcml2ZXIubmV0?=, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Files on disk are faster when served from IIS6 because the images can be
    cached and delivered directly via Windows Kernel networking functions.

    That said, the speed difference on your server is probably pretty
    insignificant unless this is a high traffic site.

    The most important suggestion is that you set the HTTP caching headers
    (either via IIS, or in your SQL-based page) so that the user needn't
    redownload images they already have.

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence