What's more security minded? WebApplication project or website project.

Andy B

I noticed when I compiled a web application project in vs2008 earlier that
it leaves some project files around like compile object files, some
uncompiled DataSets and some uncompiled web.config files. Whenever I compile
a website project, these sorts of things aren't left behind. My question
would be then, what version is more secure? web application or website.

Any ideas what is more recommended to use?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Andy,

Why are you anxions about this stuff? You dev environment could have a lot
of "unsecure" stuff, to make you work easy, but when you publish your site
only binaries and release stuff will be deployed.

There is no difference in security between webApp and website - they only
uses different aproach, but content is the same

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

AB> I noticed when I compiled a web application project in vs2008
AB> earlier that it leaves some project files around like compile object
AB> files, some uncompiled DataSets and some uncompiled web.config
AB> files. Whenever I compile a website project, these sorts of things
AB> aren't left behind. My question would be then, what version is more
AB> secure? web application or website.
AB>
AB> Any ideas what is more recommended to use?

Guest

I noticed when I compiled a web application project in vs2008 earlier that
it leaves some project files around like compile object files, some
uncompiled DataSets and some uncompiled web.config files. Whenever I compile
a website project, these sorts of things aren't left behind. My question
would be then, what version is more secure? web application or website.

Any ideas what is more recommended to use?

WebSite project doesn't use Project file, and doesn't need classes in /
App_Code directory.
All the rest is the same, I think... and web.config files are never
compiled...