    a website project, these sorts of things aren't left behind. My question
    would be then, what version is more secure? web application or website.

    Any ideas what is more recommended to use?

    Andy B, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Hello Andy,

    Why are you anxions about this stuff? You dev environment could have a lot
    of "unsecure" stuff, to make you work easy, but when you publish your site
    only binaries and release stuff will be deployed.

    There is no difference in security between webApp and website - they only
    uses different aproach, but content is the same

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Jun 12, 2008

  3. Re: What's more security minded? WebApplication project or websiteproject.

    On Jun 12, 12:38 pm, "Andy B" <> wrote:
    > I noticed when I compiled a web application project in vs2008 earlier that
    > it leaves some project files around like compile object files, some
    > uncompiled DataSets and some uncompiled web.config files. Whenever I compile
    > a website project, these sorts of things aren't left behind. My question
    > would be then, what version is more secure? web application or website.
    >
    > Any ideas what is more recommended to use?

    WebSite project doesn't use Project file, and doesn't need classes in /
    App_Code directory.
    All the rest is the same, I think... and web.config files are never
    compiled...

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 12, 2008
  4. Andy B

    Munna Guest