What's the best ASP-to-ASP.NET converter you know?

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. [441410]

Hello everybody,
considering limits of this kind of products, and the fact they require
anyway human intervention, what is for you the best converter from ASP pages
to ASP.NET pages?
Hope to hear from you soon,

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng.

Swanand Mokashi

Heheheheheh -- you are a smart cookie then :)

Anyway in my opion, ASP and ASP.NET are quite different conceptually. I
would be very surprised if you find a converter.

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. [441410]

Indeed, it seems to me you all agree on this point :)
What about, then, the pletora of offerings in this market?

Paolo

John Timney \( MVP \)

I think the problem is that the code and the approach to putting it together
is very different, so much so that its easier to rewrite it than try and
convert it, also it provides a learning process along the way.

Something like a converter might help in some respects, but you'll find that
most of the experts tend to go for re-writing each section of an app as they
can - and only when they need to do it. Bearing in mind that asp apps dont
need to be rewritten to keep running, asp is still very viable for a
production service.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

"What is the best converter from ASP pages to ASP.NET?"

Answer:
The human brain.

Juan T. Llibre

The ASP to ASP.NET v1.x Migration Guide provides whitepapers, code samples
and other resources to help you migrate your skills and applications from ASP to ASP.NET.

It is *not* a converter.

Again, there is *no* converter from ASP to ASP.NET.

There isn't a "plethora" of offerings.

In fact, there isn't even *one* offering.

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. [441410]

Of course, not :)
I wanted your opinion before to do trials-and-purchase.

Paolo