What's the best FREEWARE WYSIWYG html editor?

Leesa_Tay

What would reccomend for a beginner who wants to create a webpage
without any HTML knowledge? Basically... looking for a FREEWARE
WYSIWYG editor that is easy to use and will produce decent results.

A friend of mine said to use Netscape COMPOSER. Is that any good or
are there better choices?

Thanks in advance

Leesa (I)

David Dorward

What would reccomend for a beginner who wants to create a webpage
without any HTML knowledge?

HTML knowledge.
Basically... looking for a FREEWARE WYSIWYG editor that is easy to use and
will produce decent results.

HTML is a language for describing the semantics of a document and its
relationship to other documents. WYSIWYG doesn't make much sense in that
context. What you see is how a browser attempts to represent those
semantics and relationships to the user.
A friend of mine said to use Netscape COMPOSER. Is that any good or
are there better choices?

Nvu, the stand alone editor developed from the codebase of composer, is
probably the least worst graphical HTML editor that can be had for no
charge. I don't consider it good enough at generating HTML to replace hand
coding - and that's without asking it to guess at the semantics I'm trying
to represent.

Sid Ismail

:
: : >
: > Thanks in advance
: >
:
: You're welcome.
:
: Anything else?
:
:

Why are you rude to the OP?

If you don't have anything to say here, stay out!

Sid

Allis

Sid Ismail said:
:
: : >
: > Thanks in advance
: >
:
: You're welcome.
:
: Anything else?
:
:

Why are you rude to the OP?

If you don't have anything to say here, stay out!

Sid

The OP multi posted and I answered her elsewhere.

Didn't mean to offend you though, but we can keep working on it if you'd
like.
I should have looked first and realized I was on SidNet.

Allis
/root_vegetable

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

What would reccomend for a beginner who wants to create a webpage
without any HTML knowledge?

What you're asking is contradictory, almost illogical. You can not
create a webpage that will work in web standards compliant browsers
without understanding and using HTML knowledge.
The best policy is to use and understand design principles, HTML
knowledge, semantics, which pitfalls to avoid, etc.

Basically... looking for a FREEWARE
WYSIWYG editor that is easy to use and will produce decent results.

You or your friend will never achieve decent results in any area without
understanding what you're doing.
A friend of mine said to use Netscape COMPOSER. Is that any good or
are there better choices?

Thanks in advance

Leesa (I)

I recommend first of all knowledge and then Nvu 1.0 (or higher).

Website design resources for beginner and intermediate Nvu users
http://www.gtalbot.org/NvuSection/NvuWebDesignTips/WebDesignResources.html

Web design tips and resources for Nvu users
http://www.gtalbot.org/NvuSection/NvuWebDesignTips/

Nvu User Guide
http://nvudev.com/guide/1.0PR/ugs01.htm

Gérard

Duende

On 13 Dec 2005 Sid Ismail wrote in alt.html
:
: : >
: > Thanks in advance
: >
:
: You're welcome.
:
: Anything else?
:
:

Why are you rude to the OP?

If you don't have anything to say here, stay out!

Sid

That's telling her off good and proper.

Duende

On 13 Dec 2005 Allis wrote in alt.html
The OP multi posted and I answered her elsewhere.

Didn't mean to offend you though, but we can keep working on it if you'd
like.
I should have looked first and realized I was on SidNet.

IIRC this is LuigiNet

;)

Vhit

<alt.html , Allis , allis@allis>
<[email protected]>
The OP multi posted and I answered her elsewhere.

When you where a newbie and didnt really know anything - did you know
how to do a cross post - or the fact that you could - or even that they
actually existed .

Allis

Duende said:
On 13 Dec 2005 Sid Ismail wrote in alt.html

That's telling her off good and proper.

Yep. No spanking was included though. :(
Course, no one does like you D ;)

Chaddy2222

What would reccomend for a beginner who wants to create a webpage
without any HTML knowledge? Basically... looking for a FREEWARE
WYSIWYG editor that is easy to use and will produce decent results.

A friend of mine said to use Netscape COMPOSER. Is that any good or
are there better choices?

Thanks in advance

Leesa (I)
I gave you my answer in alt.www.webmaster. You can read it there.

JDS

What you're asking is contradictory, almost illogical. You can not
create a webpage that will work in web standards compliant browsers
without understanding and using HTML knowledge.

Well, that is a load of BS.

Leesa_Tay

Thanks guys for all your help. yes... I habve been known to cross post
at times as many times in the past I have posted to newsgroups, and
haven't really had any bites.

I am just trying to get as much information as I can. If someone wants
to spank me... you won't be punishing me that's for sure. LMAO

Thank You

Leesa (I)

Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
We were all newbies once

I don't think there's anything wrong with starting out being spoon fed. I wrote my first web page in Microsoft Word and just saved it as a web page. Now, I write Microsoft Excel VBA applications that write web pages for me with raw HTML code.

You have to start somewhere.

NVU is fine as a freeware, WYSIWYG HTML writer. Once you've designed your web site, click the "Source" tab and see the HTML code behind what you're seeing to see what's going on behind the scene.

Have fun.

Anthony Hartnet