    Nick Guest

    I've tried a couple of Python freeze tool. But encountered some bugs.
    Anyone know what's the most mature Python Freeze tool? Thanks.
    Nick, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Nick

    Eric Brunel Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > I've tried a couple of Python freeze tool. But encountered some bugs.
    > Anyone know what's the most mature Python Freeze tool? Thanks.

    I'm working with McMillan Installer and didn't see any major bug. Note however
    I'm still using Python 2.1 and Installer 5b5_5. There is apparently a new
    Installer version (6 something - not yet "official"), but I don't know if it
    correctly supports Python 2.3 now; I'm quite interested in hearing other users'
    experiences, BTW...
    --
    - Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -
    Eric Brunel, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Nick

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Eric,

    > I'm working with McMillan Installer and didn't see any major bug. Note however
    > I'm still using Python 2.1 and Installer 5b5_5. There is apparently a new
    > Installer version (6 something - not yet "official"), but I don't know if it
    > correctly supports Python 2.3 now; I'm quite interested in hearing other users'
    > experiences, BTW...

    I've used py2exe a lot and it's OK. The latest version (0.5) made me
    switch to cx_freeze (new syntax for setup.py, less comptability with
    scripts running from the interpreter ...). I'm pretty happy with it.

    Miki
    Miki Tebeka, Jan 19, 2004