What's the best SNMP interface?

Mudcat

Hi,

I don't know very much at all about SNMP, but I have an application
where I need to use it. I won't be doing too much with it, just simple
queries for metric values and capturing traps.

I've searched on the net for information but haven't found anything
that recent as to what is the best interface to use. Unfortunately,
sourceforge is down at the moment, so I can't look at any of the
documenation either. But I've read a little about pySNMP and yapSNMP.
I've also read where some people interfaced with modules in C and Tcl
to interface with it.

I'm not really concerned with speed. I just need something simple that
will not require me to spend much time trying to integrate it with the
test platform I already have.

Thanks for any info,
Marc

Grig Gheorghiu

I used pySNMP successfully. I think it's the most active SNMP-related
Python project too.

Grig