What's the best way to make a survey in .NET?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gummy, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Gummy

    Gummy Guest

    Hello,

    I want to make a survey that reads the questions off a database and then has
    next to each question the appropriate answer types - yes/no; agree/somewhat
    agree/somewhat disagree/disagree; free-form.

    I thought of making three UserControls, each with a label (where the
    question would be passed) and the appropriate text box or radiobuttons.
    Based on the question the logic would choose which set of boxes/buttons to
    place next to the question.

    My questions are:
    1) Is it possible to apply this sort of logic in a datalist? If so, how?
    2) What is the best thing to use: repeater, datalist, datagrid?
    3) If I have radiobuttons or a textbox, etc. (which are user controls) in a
    datalist how do I pass information to the label and return the selected
    answer?

    OK, I know those are pretty big questions but I am just looking for general
    guidance (if beggars can be choosers VB examples would be nice).

    Thank you.
    Gummy, Oct 26, 2005

  2. See this at:- http://www.nsurvey.org
    Its free and GREAT.