    When should I use which one?

    Thanks!

    KC

    KC Eric, Feb 12, 2005

  2. Hi Eric,

    Web service is a programmable unit of software that can be accessed over the
    Internet and used remotely. It can be used internally by a single application
    or exposed externally over the Internet for use by multiple applications.
    Web Services are services with standard interfaces that just expose a
    behavior.

    Where as Web Applications can be defined as all the Web pages (.aspx, .jsp,
    and HTML files), handlers, modules, executable code, and other files (such as
    images and configuration files) that can be invoked from a Web server.

    Sounds complex....

    Web Applications resides in a web server like IIS. Web Application is a
    collection of all the web pages. These are the pages which will be displayed
    when a request is made by the browser.

    HTH,

    Need any help, do post a msg back...

    happy Coding

    =?Utf-8?B?VmlzaG51LUNoaXZ1a3VsYQ==?=, Feb 12, 2005

  3. KC,

    go to : http://www.asp.net/tutorials/quickstart.aspx
    and read up on the differences.

    Use the menu on the left to navigate.
    These two sections will be of use to you :

    ASP.NET Web Applications

    XML Web services created using ASP.NET

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP