    other?

    Thanks,

    SC

    Goober at christianDOTnet, Jul 27, 2004

  2. On 7/27/2004 11:32 AM, Goober at christianDOTnet wrote:
    > response.redirect and server.transfer?
    >
    > I am on a single production server in an application that is both asp.net
    > and traditional ASP code.
    >
    > In some of the code (that I didn't author), there are some server.transfers
    > in which some querystrings are passed along to the new .aspx file.
    >
    > If they both do the same thing, is one more advantageous to use than the
    > other?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > SC

    quick, concise explanation:
    http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3299641

    a couple more comments:
    http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=15

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Goober at  christianDOTnet

    Gai Guest

    Response.Redirect() is a client side action, where Server.Transfer() is a
    server side action.
    if you use the second one, the page that you're transfering to will not be
    added to the browser history list, so if the user, later on, uses the "Back"
    browser button he won't see that page.

    If that makes any sense to you.

    Gai, Jul 27, 2004