    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003

    Arent they both the same thing, only 2005 is the latest?
    Daniel, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Daniel

    Alex Meleta Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    Each version of Visual Studio is tied for a different version of .NET

    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 is for .NET 2.0 and is's latest release of
    Visual Studios
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 is for .NET 1.1

    Regards, Alex Meleta
    [TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com

    Alex Meleta, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Daniel

    Scott M. Guest

    If you were going to develop something from scratch, use 2005. If you need
    to work with a .NET 1.1 project, use 2003.

    BE WARNED: If you open a 2003 project in 2005, it will be converted to a
    2005 project and you won't be able to work with it in 2003 any longer, so
    make a backup of any 2003 projects before opening them in 2005.

    Scott M., Jul 12, 2007
  4. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    thank you