    just curious, what's the largest python powered website in the world?

    and what's the largest django powered website in the world? Is it
    disqus.com?
    est, May 30, 2010

  2. > just curious, what's the largest python powered website in the world?

    I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered". If
    the server side of a web application is written in 3 or more languages
    and one of them is python, does that count? If yes, then probably
    google and youtube are the "largest python powered websites".

    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, May 30, 2010

  3. est

    est Guest

    > I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered".

    Except database, presentation layer, major business logic is done by
    python.

    Except Google/youtube, what's next?
    est, May 31, 2010
  4. est

    James Mills Guest

    On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM, est <> wrote:
    > Except Google/youtube, what's next?

    bitbucket (1) is mostly implemented in Python

    cheers
    James

    1. http://bitbucket.org/

    --
    -- "Problems are solved by method"
    James Mills, May 31, 2010
  5. On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM, est <> wrote:

    > > I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered".

    > Except database, presentation layer, major business logic is done by
    > python.
    >
    > Except Google/youtube, what's next?

    http://www.reddit.com
    http://github.com/reddit/reddit

    I believe they recently said that they're at 7.5 million users and 270
    million page views per month. And the repo is 71% Python with most of
    the rest as Javascript.
    Benjamin Kaplan, May 31, 2010
  6. est

    est Guest

    On May 31, 8:14 am, Benjamin Kaplan <> wrote:
    > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM, est <> wrote:
    >
    > > > I'm afraid you'll need to define what you mean by "python powered".

    > > Except database, presentation layer, major business logic is done by
    > > python.

    > > Except Google/youtube, what's next?
    > > --

    > http://www.reddit.comhttp://github.com/reddit/reddit
    >
    > I believe they recently said that they're at 7.5 million users and 270
    > million page views per month. And the repo is 71% Python with most of
    > the rest as Javascript.

    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/douban.com

    is written in quixote, python 2.6
    est, Jun 1, 2010