What's the meaning of Dutch in "The Zen of Python"

Li Daobing

Hello,

Does anyone know what's the meaning of Dutch in "The Zen of Python"?
Thanks in advance

Li Daobing

The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters

Beautiful is better than ugly.
Explicit is better than implicit.
Simple is better than complex.
Complex is better than complicated.
Flat is better than nested.
Sparse is better than dense.
Readability counts.
Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.
Although practicality beats purity.
Errors should never pass silently.
Unless explicitly silenced.
In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.
Now is better than never.
Although never is often better than *right* now.
If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea.
If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
Namespaces are one honking great idea -- let's do more of those!

SeeBelow

Li said:
Hello,

Does anyone know what's the meaning of Dutch in "The Zen of Python"?
Thanks in advance

Python was invented by a Dutchman. Don't let the name "Guido" fool you;
he is from the Netherlands.

--
"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca

Skip Montanaro

Li> Does anyone know what's the meaning of Dutch in "The Zen of Python"?

Li> There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
Li> Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.

That's an oblique reference to Guido van Rossum, Python's author, who
happens to be Dutch.

Skip