What's the proper Doctype for asp.net pages ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by craigkenisston@hotmail.com, Sep 9, 2005.

    I'm running my asp.net website against several HTML validators.
    My pages have the html 4.01 strict doctype, because I wanted to avoid
    problems with the difference in the box model across browsers.

    However, all the validators complains about the use of "_" character as
    the begining as an "id". I don't have this, but asp.net add these when
    I use web controls which contains elements with id attributes.

    Line 330, character 10:
    Error: value of attribute ID must start with a letter, not _

    In this case, my id is just "topicsGroupJobs", all the rest is added by
    asp.net.

    What do you do in this case ?

    , Sep 9, 2005

  2. Anon-E-Moose Guest

    wrote in news:1126283846.988067.217890
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > In this case, my id is just "topicsGroupJobs", all the rest is added by
    > asp.net.
    >
    > What do you do in this case ?

    Ignore the validator ; )

    Anon-E-Moose, Sep 9, 2005