What's the proper term for this type of menu?

Enrika

I'm speaking for the menu that appears in the dark green bar near the
top of the following web page:

http://www.analyticalgroup.com/soft.htm

Note: The menu only works in IE.

In IE, the menu items in the dark green bar near the top of the page
("Company", "Software", "Service", etc.) will display submenus when the
mouse rolls over them.

Since it doesn't work in Netscape, I need to fix it, but the search
strings I'm entering into Google and such to find help ("popup menu",
"rollover menu", etc.) aren't giving me the results that I need. Does
anyone know what this sort of thing is called?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Enrika

Randy Webb

Enrika said the following on 3/10/2006 6:55 PM:
I'm speaking for the menu that appears in the dark green bar near the
top of the following web page:

What about it? Never assume that a reader can see the Subject line of a
post.
Note: The menu only works in IE.

In IE, the menu items in the dark green bar near the top of the page
("Company", "Software", "Service", etc.) will display submenus when the
mouse rolls over them.

Since it doesn't work in Netscape, I need to fix it, but the search
strings I'm entering into Google and such to find help ("popup menu",
"rollover menu", etc.) aren't giving me the results that I need. Does
anyone know what this sort of thing is called?

The same thing I told you in your last post about this - "fly out menu"
seems to be the most popular term for it.

RobG

Enrika said:
I'm speaking for the menu that appears in the dark green bar near the
top of the following web page:

http://www.analyticalgroup.com/soft.htm

Note: The menu only works in IE.

In IE, the menu items in the dark green bar near the top of the page
("Company", "Software", "Service", etc.) will display submenus when the
mouse rolls over them.

Since it doesn't work in Netscape, I need to fix it, but the search
strings I'm entering into Google and such to find help ("popup menu",
"rollover menu", etc.) aren't giving me the results that I need. Does
anyone know what this sort of thing is called?

As Randy said, or "CSS drop down menu" works pretty well too. Have a look
around <URL:http://www.alistapart.com>

Randy Webb

Randy Webb

Enrika said the following on 3/13/2006 3:33 PM:
Why is that?

Several reasons.

It's poorly written from looking at the source code they use in there
own menus.
Good ones are free, why pay for something that is sub-standard?