    secret that is always left out to find this file. I have put pageOutput to
    true and I have put it to false and run the program a gazillion times and
    still do not find the trace.axd file, I do not find any axd file.

    et, Nov 13, 2004

  2. trace.axd is not a real file but a command that will be understood by the
    aspx isapi manager. Simply write this url with the proper web server
    location and the name of the root application (The root application may be
    / or the name of the repertory containing the application, if your web
    server has many applications as defined in its configuration.). For
    exemple:

    http://localhost/LxpNet1/trace.axd

    For trace.axd to be enable, you must have the following config:
    <trace enabled="true" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="page"
    traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

    If pageOutput is set to true, the trace will be displayed in the same
    windows as the aspx page and not in the trace.axd window. Also, if you put
    will override the global setting for the trace option as defined in the
    web.config file.

    S. L.

    Sylvain Lafontaine, Nov 13, 2004

  3. et

    et Guest

    You are wonderful, thank you so much for helping this frustrated beginner!

    et, Nov 30, 2004