  1. Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them? Why does Mozilla
    support with with a proprietary extension (-moz-outline), but not the
    standard way?
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Leif K-Brooks

    Spartanicus Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    >Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them?

    Opera does.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them? Why does Mozilla
    > support with with a proprietary extension (-moz-outline), but not the
    > standard way?

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't any "standard way" yet. Outlines
    are new in CSS 2.1, which is still just a draft.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Leif K-Brooks

    rf Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them? Why does Mozilla
    > support with with a proprietary extension (-moz-outline), but not the
    > standard way?

    42

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Leif K-Brooks

    Spartanicus Guest

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/ui.html#dynamic-outlines

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Spartanicus wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >
    >>> Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them? Why does Mozilla
    >>> support with with a proprietary extension (-moz-outline), but not the
    >>> standard way?

    >>Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't any "standard way" yet. Outlines
    >>are new in CSS 2.1, which is still just a draft.

    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/ui.html#dynamic-outlines

    I stand corrected.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Leif K-Brooks

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Sometime around Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:00:54 GMT, rf is reported to have
    > stated:
    >>
    >> 42

    > 6 x 9 :)

    42 = 6 x 7.

    6 x 9 = 54.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 27, 2003
  9. Leif K-Brooks

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:56:40 +0000, Toby A Inkster is reported
    to have stated:
    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >> Sometime around Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:00:54 GMT, rf is reported to have
    >> stated:
    >>>
    >>> 42

    >> 6 x 9 :)

    > 42 = 6 x 7.
    >
    > 6 x 9 = 54.

    Not a Douglas Adams fan, Toby?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Nov 28, 2003
  10. Leif K-Brooks

    Marco Bakker Guest

    Leif K-Brooks <> wrote:

    > Why do no browsers (as far as I know) support them?

    Safari 1.1 (v100.1) does.

    --
    marco
    Marco Bakker, Nov 28, 2003