What's the VHDL programmer's profile?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Micru, May 30, 2004.

  1. Micru

    Micru Guest

    > Mike Treseler wrote:

    > Most of the industrial users of VHDL are electronic engineers.
    > VHDL is a digital hardware description and simulation language.
    > It is not used as a general programming language and many
    > of it's users don't consider themselves "programmers".

    I bear in mind study electronic engineering in the future (two years
    more), but meanwhile I'll follow your advice to expand my digital
    electronics and discrete contol knowledge. The only thing that I hate
    of EE is the great amount of analog electronics, but if I've got no
    alternative...
    Anyway, thanks for your reply.

    If someone have some advice more, it would be apreciated.

    Micru --planning his future

    Micru, May 30, 2004

  2. Micru wrote:
    > The only thing that I hate
    > of EE is the great amount of analog electronics, but if I've got no
    > alternative...

    There are always alternatives.
    You could cover digital electronics within
    a computer science or computer engineering program.
    You could also learn it on your own.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, May 31, 2004

  3. Micru

    Micru Guest

    > Mike Treseler wrote:
    >
    > There are always alternatives.
    > You could cover digital electronics within
    > a computer science or computer engineering program.
    > You could also learn it on your own.

    Can you take a look on the programs? (now I'm in the School of Design
    Engineering)
    http://www.upv.es/informa/estudiosi.html

    I should be very grateful if you could point me the essential subjects
    of Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering.

    Cheers,
    Micru

    Micru, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Mike Treseler, Jun 3, 2004