whats this error??

Neo

I got his message while compiling a module what can that mean??
"Making two objects with the name "unsigned" directly visible via use
clauses results in a conflict, neither object is made directly
visible.(LRM Section 10.4)."

Jezwold

Just a wild guess but It probably means that youve made two objects
with the name "unsigned" directly visible via use clauses,resulting in
a conflict where niether is directly visible.Maybe you should read LRM
section 10.4

Neo

jezwold, not probably, it exactly means as stated. But I need help in
interpreting it and, no, I havent declared two objects as unsigned.

Alan Fitch

Neo said:
jezwold, not probably, it exactly means as stated. But I need help in
interpreting it and, no, I havent declared two objects as unsigned.

Have you include two arithmetic packages

use IEEE.std_logic_arith.all;
use IEEE.numeric_std.all;

That will cause the error message,

regards
Alan

P.S. The fix of course is to only use one of these
arithmetic packages.

--
Alan Fitch
Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Verification * Project
Services

Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
1AW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:
(e-mail address removed)
Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 Web:
http://www.doulos.com

the
views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.