    "Making two objects with the name "unsigned" directly visible via use
    clauses results in a conflict, neither object is made directly
    visible.(LRM Section 10.4)."

    Neo, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Neo

    Jezwold Guest

    Just a wild guess but It probably means that youve made two objects
    with the name "unsigned" directly visible via use clauses,resulting in
    a conflict where niether is directly visible.Maybe you should read LRM
    section 10.4

    Jezwold, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Neo

    Neo Guest

    jezwold, not probably, it exactly means as stated. But I need help in
    interpreting it and, no, I havent declared two objects as unsigned.

    Neo, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Neo

    Alan Fitch Guest

    "Neo" <> wrote in message
    > jezwold, not probably, it exactly means as stated. But I need help

    in
    > interpreting it and, no, I havent declared two objects as unsigned.

    Have you include two arithmetic packages

    use IEEE.std_logic_arith.all;
    use IEEE.numeric_std.all;

    That will cause the error message,

    regards
    Alan

    P.S. The fix of course is to only use one of these
    arithmetic packages.

    --
    Alan Fitch
    Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
    VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Verification * Project
    Services

    Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
    1AW, UK
    Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:

    Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 Web:
    http://www.doulos.com

    the
    views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

    Alan Fitch, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Neo

    Neo Guest

    thanks alan.