    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com
    (we're late, we know, and we're still closed)

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:
    > Odd, but when I go to http://www.lynx.browser.org/ in order to download
    > their latest browser version, I just get directed to a page that offers
    > me a free (yeah, right) lifetime membership for a bunch of suggestive
    > video chat rooms. What's up here? Have they been hacked? Is that their
    > new sponsorship? Have I been to the wrong page?

    I should add that when you go to http://lynx.browser.org/, first there
    appears a regular Lynx page, but none of their links work, except for
    "Lynx links", which leads to said video chat page.

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jul 4, 2003

  3. Nicolai P. Zwar

    kayodeok Guest

    "Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote in news:3F05A3AA.8070405
    @bigfoot.com:

    > Odd, but when I go to http://www.lynx.browser.org/ in order to download
    > their latest browser version, I just get directed to a page that offers
    > me a free (yeah, right) lifetime membership for a bunch of suggestive
    > video chat rooms. What's up here? Have they been hacked? Is that their
    > new sponsorship? Have I been to the wrong page?

    I was there yesterday and noticed the Porn too!

    Assuming you are trying to download for a windows system, you could try
    either of these two links:
    http://home.pacific.net.sg/~kennethkwok/lynx/index.html
    http://web.tiscali.it/csant/lynx.htm

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/

    kayodeok, Jul 4, 2003
  4. Nicolai P. Zwar

    C A Upsdell Guest

    http://lynx.isc.org/ has been down for a couple of days as well.

    C A Upsdell, Jul 5, 2003
  5. On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:28:34 GMT, "C A Upsdell"
    <cupsdell0311XXX@-@> wrote:

    >"Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote in message
    >> Odd, but when I go to http://www.lynx.browser.org/ in order to download
    >> their latest browser version, I just get directed to a page that offers
    >> me a free (yeah, right) lifetime membership for a bunch of suggestive
    >> video chat rooms. What's up here? Have they been hacked? Is that their
    >> new sponsorship? Have I been to the wrong page?

    >http://lynx.isc.org/ has been down for a couple of days as well.

    Just checked it out and it works for me. Must be a server side issue,
    or a malformed link, or a virus.

    Sincerely,

    Andrew H. Carter

    Andrew H. Carter, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Andrew H. Carter wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:56:26 +0200, "Nicolai P. Zwar"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Odd, but when I go to http://www.lynx.browser.org/ in order to download
    >>their latest browser version, I just get directed to a page that offers
    >>me a free (yeah, right) lifetime membership for a bunch of suggestive
    >>video chat rooms. What's up here? Have they been hacked? Is that their
    >>new sponsorship? Have I been to the wrong page?

    > Works for me, no porn, must be a server side issue, or you have a
    > malformed link?

    Hmmm... really, it's working for you? How odd. I just checked it again,
    and I still get the same Web Cam Site... strange. The link found at
    www.lynx.browser.org to download the Lynx browser directs me --
    supposedly -- to http://www.trill-home.com/lynx.html (which is what it
    says in the source code), but when I click on that link I get a web cam
    "amateur" porn page. Always and still.

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jul 9, 2003
  7. On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:46:15 +0200, Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:

    > Hmmm... really, it's working for you? How odd.

    I get the same. But you can download Lynx from here:

    http://lynx.isc.org/release/

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 9, 2003
  8. Toby A Inkster <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:46:15 +0200, Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:

    >> Hmmm... really, it's working for you? How odd.

    > I get the same. But you can download Lynx from here:

    > http://lynx.isc.org/release/

    yes - the person owning lynx.browser.org hasn't responded for a long time.

    The current version of lynx is 2.8.4

    It's available at
    ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx/lynx2.8.4/
    2.8.5 Development & patches:
    http://lynx.isc.org/current/index.html

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey <> <>
    http://dickey.his.com

    Thomas Dickey, Jul 13, 2003
  9. Andrew H. Carter <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:28:34 GMT, "C A Upsdell"
    > <cupsdell0311XXX@-@> wrote:

    >>"Nicolai P. Zwar" <> wrote in message
    >>> Odd, but when I go to http://www.lynx.browser.org/ in order to download
    >>> their latest browser version, I just get directed to a page that offers
    >>> me a free (yeah, right) lifetime membership for a bunch of suggestive
    >>> video chat rooms. What's up here? Have they been hacked? Is that their
    >>> new sponsorship? Have I been to the wrong page?

    >>http://lynx.isc.org/ has been down for a couple of days as well.
    >>

    > Just checked it out and it works for me. Must be a server side issue,
    > or a malformed link, or a virus.

    I happened to notice it was down about a week ago and sent mail to the
    person who runs it.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey <> <>
    http://dickey.his.com