Whats wrong

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by aa, May 26, 2004.

  1. aa

    aa Guest

    From local computer it is working very good. But then I want to read the
    file from the disk which is maped and in Nowell system I getting the this
    error.
    In local computer I am working this the Administrator user, but the disk is
    maped by other name wchich have administrator role in local computer. Me
    self I can do everithing with that with Windows explorer, but my web
    pplication can't.
    With wich user he trying to read this file in web application

    thank you

    Server Error in '/Extra' Application.
    ----

    The specified user does not exist.

    Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The specified user does not exist.

    Source Error:

    Line 106: Dim parkas As String
    Line 107: parkas = "Z:\USERS\PLANING\PARKAS1\pask" &
    Format(Now.Month, "00")
    Line 108: fsInput = New FileStream(parkas & ".asc",
    FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
    Line 109: 'fsInput = New
    FileStream("\\server\sys\USERS\PLANING\PARKAS1\pask05.asc", FileMode.Open,
    FileAccess.Read)
    Line 110: 'fsInput = New FileStream("d:\db\pask05.asc",
    FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)

    Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Extra\Default.aspx.vb Line: 108

    Stack Trace:

    [IOException: The specified user does not exist.
    ]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +723
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
    FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
    bFromProxy) +888
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
    +43
    Extra.WebForm1.btnRodyti_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Extra\Default.aspx.vb:108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
    stBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    sourceControl, String eventArgument)

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573
    aa, May 26, 2004

  2. aa

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    check if your application definition in IIS MMC (security tab) set
    anonymous user on. if so ASP.NET use default asp.net user that don have
    rights to access network resources.

    HTH

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, May 26, 2004

  3. aa

    aa Guest

    How to set for default asp.net user rights to access network resource

    aa, May 26, 2004
  4. aa

    Natty Gur Guest

    Natty Gur, May 26, 2004