Whats wrong

aa

From local computer it is working very good. But then I want to read the
file from the disk which is maped and in Nowell system I getting the this
error.
In local computer I am working this the Administrator user, but the disk is
maped by other name wchich have administrator role in local computer. Me
self I can do everithing with that with Windows explorer, but my web
pplication can't.
With wich user he trying to read this file in web application

thank you

Server Error in '/Extra' Application.
----

The specified user does not exist.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The specified user does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 106: Dim parkas As String
Line 107: parkas = "Z:\USERS\PLANING\PARKAS1\pask" &
Format(Now.Month, "00")
Line 108: fsInput = New FileStream(parkas & ".asc",
FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
Line 109: 'fsInput = New
FileStream("\\server\sys\USERS\PLANING\PARKAS1\pask05.asc", FileMode.Open,
FileAccess.Read)
Line 110: 'fsInput = New FileStream("d:\db\pask05.asc",
FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Extra\Default.aspx.vb Line: 108

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The specified user does not exist.
]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +723
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy) +888
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
+43
Extra.WebForm1.btnRodyti_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Extra\Default.aspx.vb:108
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
stBackEvent(String eventArgument)
sourceControl, String eventArgument)

Natty Gur

Hi,

check if your application definition in IIS MMC (security tab) set
anonymous user on. if so ASP.NET use default asp.net user that don have
rights to access network resources.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur