What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

Edwin van der Vaart

Nico Schuyt schreef:
No doctype, no character encoding
Lots of errors:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/&warnings=yes

If they can't create a proper site themselves ......
lol
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Chris F.A. Johnson ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...

Oh come on... it's the 21st Century! Xemacs! How can you beat a text editor
that comes with a web browser, a text adventure game and a rather cracking
version of minesweeper! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

dorayme

"genedefcon2006 said:
I am thinking of getting Home Site.

I am thinking of starting a nursing home business with this name,
if you are still thinking about it for a while, it will be time
to apply for entry. Cheap rates for any of you old fogy on
alt.html

rich

genedefcon2006 said:
Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.

I just use good ol' fashioned notepad for my HTML stuff. The original
and still the best in my opinion

genedefcon2006

Original is good, but not the most cutting edge. My friend sometime
says, "Cutting edge is great, but sometimes classic is good". High
priced WYSIWYG/HTML editors are good, but sometimes, the free notepad
is good.

Sid

:
: genedefcon2006 wrote:
: > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
: > Mine's EditPad Lite.
:
: I just use good ol' fashioned notepad for my HTML stuff. The original
: and still the best in my opinion

Aranaea (free) does color-coding, and has a good insert for image and
hyperlink tags. Better than basic Notepad.

Sid

Duende

Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.
vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with pointy stick and dirt editor? Have you no class at all?

dorayme

"genedefcon2006 said:
Original is good, but not the most cutting edge. My friend sometime
says, "Cutting edge is great, but sometimes classic is good". High
priced WYSIWYG/HTML editors are good, but sometimes, the free notepad
is good.

This is surely too much information? It is too deep for words.

dorayme

Sid said:
Aranaea (free) does color-coding, and has a good insert for image and
hyperlink tags. Better than basic Notepad.

I am making a Jewish HTML/CSS editor if anyone is interested? If
you try to put div inside an <a...> </a>, it puts up a warning
like: "Hey, why be a shmuck? Your document type does not permit
element <div> in content of element <a>. Read the specs already!"

Info_Junkie

genedefcon2006 said:
Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.

I found an obscure one that has a lot of features, is freeware,
browser-independant and is easy to use, not only for HTML, but JS and
CSS, even other programming languages.

It is called Max's HTML Beauty ++ 2004.

Info_Junkie

Leonard Blaisdell

patrick j said:
BBEdit

It's a Mac thing though :)

As are SimpleText on less than OSX systems, TextEdit which comes with
OSX and TextWrangler, the free component of BBEdit which used to be
BBEdit Lite on OS 9 or less. Most if not all of the vi, emacs, etc...
text editors that run in terminal run on the Mac. I'm a happy BBEdit
user.

leo

dorayme

Leonard Blaisdell said:
As are SimpleText on less than OSX systems, TextEdit which comes with
OSX and TextWrangler, the free component of BBEdit which used to be
BBEdit Lite on OS 9 or less. Most if not all of the vi, emacs, etc...
text editors that run in terminal run on the Mac. I'm a happy BBEdit
user.

leo

Indeed it is a great editor. About my only complaint has been the
miserable text field size for the Find and Replace window, it not
being re-sizable. I have even corresponded with one of the makers
of this software and he found it hard to understand why anyone
would want it bigger. I did come across one or two others
earthlings who understood though... anyway, such a miserable
complaint is not a great minus for this excellent software.

Brian Cryer

genedefcon2006 said:
Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
Mine's EditPad Lite.

Microsoft Expression Web Designer. I know its only beta, and don't know how
it compares to many of the other well known editors, but its my favourite.
Whether it will remain so once Microsoft reveals how much it will charge for
the final product remains to be seen.

Travis Newbury

genedefcon2006 said:
Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
being archived! : )

I thought it was very on topic. I think as king he has the right to
tell you what editor to use.

Marvel

Brian Cryer said:
Microsoft Expression Web Designer. I know its only beta, and don't know
how it compares to many of the other well known editors, but its my
favourite. Whether it will remain so once Microsoft reveals how much it
will charge for the final product remains to be seen.
I am going to give Microsoft Expression Web Designer a try

Brian Cryer

Marvel said:
I am going to give Microsoft Expression Web Designer a try

You said (in your response to the poster) that you use NVU, I would be
interested to know how you think the two compare. I had a brief play with
NVU but never really put the time in to learn to use it properly.