    I have my html code, when I loaded and when I click on "save as", I
    need to save that in particular directory, can I do that, if yes, can I
    get some sample code?. Thanks.

    GS, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Re: when I click on "Save as", can I redirect to particular dir,can I control from html code?

    GS wrote:
    > I have my html code, when I loaded and when I click on "save as", I
    > need to save that in particular directory, can I do that, if yes, can I
    > get some sample code?. Thanks.

    When a user wants to save a page, he can save it wherever he wants. You
    can't make him save it, and you can't control where he saves it. How do
    you even know what directories he has on his computer?

    Harlan Messinger, Nov 14, 2006

  3. GS

    GS Guest

    Thanks for his message, what I want is, I need to save it in particular
    directory, that directoiry name I need to hardcode it, can I do that in
    html page, I am running this html page on some embedded device, I have
    some directory for these files, I need to hardcode to save into
    particular dir, can I do that?. Is there any peice of java or html code
    available. thanks.

    GS, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Re: when I click on "Save as", can I redirect to particular dir,can I control from html code?

    GS wrote:
    > Thanks for his message, what I want is, I need to save it in particular
    > directory, that directoiry name I need to hardcode it, can I do that in
    > html page, I am running this html page on some embedded device, I have
    > some directory for these files, I need to hardcode to save into
    > particular dir, can I do that?. Is there any peice of java or html code
    > available. thanks.

    No, there is no HTML that says, "When a user decides to save a copy of
    this document, force him to save it *here*." Java in a web browser can't
    do anything to the user's system, unless possibly if a foolish user
    allows them to. Do you see how there might be a security threat if
    programs in your browser could do whatever they wanted to your files?

    Harlan Messinger, Nov 14, 2006