when I click on "Save as", can I redirect to particular dir, can I control from html code?

GS

I have my html code, when I loaded and when I click on "save as", I
need to save that in particular directory, can I do that, if yes, can I
get some sample code?. Thanks.

Harlan Messinger

GS said:
I have my html code, when I loaded and when I click on "save as", I
need to save that in particular directory, can I do that, if yes, can I
get some sample code?. Thanks.

When a user wants to save a page, he can save it wherever he wants. You
can't make him save it, and you can't control where he saves it. How do
you even know what directories he has on his computer?

GS

Thanks for his message, what I want is, I need to save it in particular
directory, that directoiry name I need to hardcode it, can I do that in
html page, I am running this html page on some embedded device, I have
some directory for these files, I need to hardcode to save into
particular dir, can I do that?. Is there any peice of java or html code
available. thanks.

Harlan Messinger

GS said:
Thanks for his message, what I want is, I need to save it in particular
directory, that directoiry name I need to hardcode it, can I do that in
html page, I am running this html page on some embedded device, I have
some directory for these files, I need to hardcode to save into
particular dir, can I do that?. Is there any peice of java or html code
available. thanks.

No, there is no HTML that says, "When a user decides to save a copy of
this document, force him to save it *here*." Java in a web browser can't
do anything to the user's system, unless possibly if a foolish user
allows them to. Do you see how there might be a security threat if
programs in your browser could do whatever they wanted to your files?