when multiple iframes, problem with IE progress bar display

Guest

I have a web form let's say 'YYZ.aspx'.
It has an iframe in it.
When it loads it shows progress bar in IE this way: loading for page then
again loading for page in iframe.
This part is fine.
Problem is when I put page 'YYZ.aspx' in iframe of another page, let's say
'Home.aspx'.
In short: (page (page in iframe(page in iframe) ) )
Progress bar shows ones (fast), then second time(kind of fast) and then
third time. And this time it never finishes through with progress display.

Question: can I force a progress bar to disappear somehow?
Or there is another option?

thanks,
Oleg

Guest

I see.
But can I send a signal somehow that the page is loaded to fake completed
process?
Oleg

S. Justin Gengo

Oleg,

Actually a fix for this was posted in this group much earlier by
(e-mail address removed). I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if it
actually works or not. Here it is again:

The problem this fixes is where you put some content in an iframe and
the content finishes loading in the iframe but the ie status bar keeps
I had this problem for quite a while, here is what I did to fix it. I
had one main page that had 2 Iframes that contained the content i
wished to display. With just these 2 iframes on the page I would
itermitantly get the status bar problem. To fix this I created a third
ifram of just size 1 called garbageframe. Then on what ever page I was
going to display in one of the 2 content frames I added :

where fixprogressbar was a javascript function

function fixprogressbar()
{
top.garbageframe.document.write("");
top.garbageframe.close();
return
}

No more problems

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

S. Justin,

It works!
Thanks a lot,

Oleg

S. Justin Gengo said:
[...]

Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Only setting a blank iframe would have done the job

you need not write those javascript.
Only setting a blank iframe would have done the job
Have tried this out.