    the buffer to false, not entirely sure what this does, except that you need
    to set to true to redirect before processing ends to avoid errors.

    TIA

    Steven Scaife, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Basically it works exactly the same as the darkfalz one, but missing
    response.flush, now i have added response.flush and its fine again

    thanks a lot

    > wait messages are a tricky thing. You are working against the natural
    > workings of www.
    > That said, how are you doing this?
    > Try somethign like this instead perhaps....
    > http://www.darkfalz.com/1058
    >

    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "Steven Scaife" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a search page with upteen boxes that they can choose to fill out

    and
    > > my second page gets the values and passes them to a stored procedure

    which
    > > builds the SQL string and returns the recordset.
    > >
    > > On this second page i have it so that when a long search is taking place

    > > layer is shown saying "Search in progress .... Please wait". However
    > > since
    > > i changed to a stored procedure it takes a length of time before the

    page
    > > submits by which time the search is more or less complete. How do i get
    > > it
    > > to submit almost immediately so my wait message appears. I have
    > > response.buffer = true at the top of my page, on some pages i have
    > > redirects
    > > before processing is complete and all the page settings are in a .inc

    file

    Steven Scaife, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Steven Scaife

    Patrice Guest

    I would try also to display the message client side once the submit button
    is hit (hide the form, show the message DIV). This way adding this feature
    doesn't require anything server side, no flush, no structure, nothing...

    Patrice

    Patrice, Aug 19, 2004