WhenProblem calling perldb from a script, the current source line is not properly selected! (keyword

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by tmstaedt, Nov 12, 2007.

  1. tmstaedt

    tmstaedt Guest

    For people out there having the same problem:

    The error usually sits in front of the computer, even though the perl
    documentation could be a bit more explicit about this:
    I just had to modify my little script to contain -emacs like:

    cat /tmp/stdin-17959.log | perl -d
    /buildcontrol/tinderbox/bin/processmail_builds_test.pl -emacs

    A perldoc perl5db.pl tells you under 'SETTING UP THE TERMINAL' to
    specify -emacs as the first option after the script.

    If there is a TTY, we have to determine who it belongs to
    before
    we can
    proceed. If this is a slave editor or graphical debugger
    (denoted by
    the first command-line switch being '-emacs'), we shift this
    off and
    set $rl to 0 (XXX ostensibly to do straight reads).

    tmstaedt, Nov 12, 2007