WhenProblem calling perldb from a script, the current source line is not properly selected! (keyword

tmstaedt

For people out there having the same problem:

The error usually sits in front of the computer, even though the perl
documentation could be a bit more explicit about this:
I just had to modify my little script to contain -emacs like:

cat /tmp/stdin-17959.log | perl -d
/buildcontrol/tinderbox/bin/processmail_builds_test.pl -emacs

A perldoc perl5db.pl tells you under 'SETTING UP THE TERMINAL' to
specify -emacs as the first option after the script.

If there is a TTY, we have to determine who it belongs to
before
we can
proceed. If this is a slave editor or graphical debugger
(denoted by
the first command-line switch being '-emacs'), we shift this
off and
set $rl to 0 (XXX ostensibly to do straight reads).