    Where'd the tab and my snippets go?!?!

    Thanks,

    Pat G.
    Pat, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Pat

    Simon Harris Guest

    Sorry, I cant help with where your snippets went....But, they sound cool -
    What are they? How did you create them?
    Simon Harris, Apr 20, 2005

  3. I don't have 'em. Honest.

    Steve Schroeder, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Off to the side of the IDE in the 'Toolbox' tab I right-mouse-clicked
    in some free space, got a context menu and selected 'Add Tab'. You'll
    get a new tab with a blinking cursor waiting for you to name it
    something much like creating a new folder on your C:/ drive, I named
    mine "Code Snippets". Once you name it, click on it as to 'open' it.
    Next highlite some code or text or whatever and drag it over to the
    'Toolbox' tab, hover for a second, the Toolbox will expand and perhaps
    show your new tab, if so drop the code or text onto the newly created
    and named tab. It will be condensed into a single line named with the
    beginning text of the code snippet you selected and dragged on to the
    new tab. You can right mouse click the new snippet and rename it
    something useful, like "Page Load" or "Customer Drop Down Load" or
    whatever. I used it all the time, now it's gone.
    Pat, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Pat

    Simon Harris Guest

    Thanks - That sounds useful, I'll probably start using it.

    Re your missing tab, did you try right clicking and choosing 'Show All
    Tabs'? (Just an idea)

    The other thing you might try is a search of your C: drive for files
    containing text that you know were witin one of your snippets - May at least
    point you in the right direction, possibly saving you from typing them all
    again.

    Good luck! :)
    Simon Harris, Apr 23, 2005