Where are my com events (in my windows service)????

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SPG, May 18, 2004.

  1. SPG

    SPG Guest

    Hi,

    I have a C# app that utilizes a 3rd party activeX dll.
    This com object sends my app events when data is ready to be processed.
    In a standard C# windows app this works fine, but as soon as I run it as a
    service using the servicebase initialization methods, the events stop coming
    in.

    Has any had similar experiences? I assume it is to do with the message pump
    stuff and STA vs MTA threading states.

    If this is the case, could I just create an invidible form using
    Application.Run(myForm) which will have its own message pump then use the
    form to create the ActiveX object? Is this legal?
    Getting pretty desparate for a solution now!

    10 beers to the provider of a solution!!

    Steve
    SPG, May 18, 2004