Where are my com events (in my windows service)????

SPG

Hi,

I have a C# app that utilizes a 3rd party activeX dll.
This com object sends my app events when data is ready to be processed.
In a standard C# windows app this works fine, but as soon as I run it as a
service using the servicebase initialization methods, the events stop coming
in.

Has any had similar experiences? I assume it is to do with the message pump
stuff and STA vs MTA threading states.

If this is the case, could I just create an invidible form using
Application.Run(myForm) which will have its own message pump then use the
form to create the ActiveX object? Is this legal?
Getting pretty desparate for a solution now!

10 beers to the provider of a solution!!

Steve