    #include<sys/types.h>?does it refer to any specific directory?

    Thanks for you help
    bobby

    bobby, Feb 18, 2008

  2. bobby wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I just wanted to know where are system standard include and libraries
    > directories in Ubuntu?

    Not topical in thie group, try a linux group or comp.unix.programmer

    > I searched in usr/include and usr/local/include and I could not find

    /usr/include, i.e. leading /
    If not there, most probably the develpment packages haven't been installed

    > any header?!!
    > I appreciate it if you send me the list of the directories the gcc
    > looks for the header files and libraries for compilation in Linux
    > Ubuntu.
    > Also what does it means if we insert sys before a header file like
    > #include<sys/types.h>?does it refer to any specific directory?

    /usr/include/sys/types.h

    > Thanks for you help
    > bobby

    Bye, Jojo

    Joachim Schmitz, Feb 18, 2008

  3. bobby

    CBFalconer Guest

    Joachim Schmitz wrote:
    > bobby wrote:
    >
    >> I just wanted to know where are system standard include and
    >> libraries directories in Ubuntu?

    > Not topical in thie group, try a linux group or comp.unix.programmer

    Try alt.os.linux.ubuntu.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Feb 18, 2008
  4. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Joachim Schmitz wrote:
    >> bobby wrote:
    >>> I just wanted to know where are system standard include and
    >>> libraries directories in Ubuntu?

    >> Not topical in thie group, try a linux group or comp.unix.programmer

    > Try alt.os.linux.ubuntu.

    Or try using "gcc -v".

    (Yes, the behavior of gcc is off-topic; I'm merely suggesting a
    resource other than this newsgroup that's likely to provide an
    answer.)

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <>
    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Feb 19, 2008
  5. bobby

    bobby Guest

    On Feb 18, 11:29 am, bobby <> wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Ijustwantedtoknowwhere aresystemstandardincludeand libraries
    > directories in Ubuntu?
    > I searched in usr/includeand usr/local/includeand I could not find
    > any header?!!
    > I appreciate it if you send me the list of the directories the gcc
    > looks for the header files and libraries for compilation in Linux
    > Ubuntu.
    > Also what does it means if we insert sys before a header file like
    > #include<sys/types.h>?does it refer to any specific directory?
    >
    > Thanks for you help
    > bobby

    I looked at Ubuntu forum:

    /usr/include is correct. You need to install "build-essential" package

    Problem solved
    Thanks

    bobby, Feb 19, 2008