Where are the great .NET shopping carts?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Max, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    I've been searching for a year for a good dot net cart or a set of
    components, and have been really discouraged. Is everyone just fed up with
    half-attempts of 3rd party carts that they've just developed their own from
    scratch?

    The biggest problem of course is usually formatting. These carts list
    products all wrong, or the check out process has something out of place that
    cannot be changed without altering the code so much that upgrades are
    impossible. Components end up being only partially used by the developer and
    more work is required trying to fit those into the project than doing it
    from scratch.

    So, who here has some experience with some good carts or components. It
    really does look like I need to just start from scratch here.

    Here are some I've found to be unusable:
    dotnetcart.com
    aspdotnetstorefront.com
    storefront.net
    asp.net - Commerce starter kit