    --=20
    Ronald Fischer <>
    Phone: +49-89-452133-162

    Ronald Fischer, Jul 24, 2007

  2. Lloyd Linklater, Jul 24, 2007

  3. Ronald Fischer

    Guest

    Hi --

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Ronald Fischer wrote:

    > Does anyone know where the Ruby FAQs are gone to? The two sites
    > which had hosted the FAQs until recently,
    >
    > http://dev.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaq.html
    > http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/
    >
    > don't seem to work anymore.
    >
    > The former maintainer of the FAQ, Dave Thomas, had explained to me
    > a couple of weeks ago that he hopes to find a way of hosting and
    > maintaining the FAQs again some time later in this year, but in
    > the meantime, I think even an unmaintained, old version of the
    > FAQ would be useful.
    >
    > Does someone happen to have downloaded a local copy, so we could
    > publish it somewhere, even if it is an interim solution only?

    The FAQ has been officially hosted at RubyGarden for a couple of
    years. There was an old, legacy version still reachable through
    rubycentral.com until recently; that domain has now been transferred
    to Ruby Central, so it's all consolidated and there should be just one
    FAQ.

    However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
    to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
    the FAQ at:

    http://faq.rubygarden.org
    http://www.rubycentral.com/faq

    which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
    one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).

    I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
    please let me know if not.

    Thanks --

    David

    --
    * Books:
    * Ruby/Rails training

    , Jul 24, 2007
  4. On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, wrote:

    > However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
    > to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
    > the FAQ at:
    >
    > http://faq.rubygarden.org
    > http://www.rubycentral.com/faq
    >
    > which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
    > one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).
    >
    > I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
    > please let me know if not.

    I cannot reach the above links currently.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Ronald Fischer

    Guest

    Hi --

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, James Edward Gray II wrote:

    > On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, wrote:
    >
    >> However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
    >> to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
    >> the FAQ at:
    >>
    >> http://faq.rubygarden.org
    >> http://www.rubycentral.com/faq
    >>
    >> which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
    >> one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).
    >>
    >> I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
    >> please let me know if not.

    > I cannot reach the above links currently.

    I think Chad just (in the past 1/2-hour) did some DNS fixing. See if
    they work now.

    David

    --
    * Books:
    * Ruby/Rails training

    , Jul 24, 2007
  6. On Jul 24, 2007, at 11:30 AM, wrote:

    > Hi --
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, James Edward Gray II wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, wrote:
    >>
    >>> However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
    >>> to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
    >>> the FAQ at:
    >>>
    >>> http://faq.rubygarden.org
    >>> http://www.rubycentral.com/faq
    >>> which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
    >>> one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).
    >>> I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be
    >>> OK --
    >>> please let me know if not.

    >> I cannot reach the above links currently.

    > I think Chad just (in the past 1/2-hour) did some DNS fixing. See if
    > they work now.

    Not yet, but I'll give the change some time to trickle down and try
    back...

    James Edward Gray II

    P.S. This issue arose due to links on the Ruby home page we are
    trying to fix.

    James Edward Gray II, Jul 24, 2007
  7. On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, wrote:

    > However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
    > to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
    > the FAQ at:
    >
    > http://faq.rubygarden.org
    > http://www.rubycentral.com/faq

    I can reach these now and I have restored the link on the home page.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Jul 25, 2007