Where are we up to with valid XHtml output and ASP.Net?

Richard Myers

Well thats it. Thats the question!

How many employees does Microsoft have? How many billions are in its war
chest? How long will we have to wait before the basics get done and get done
correctly? Surely its got to be embarrassing for them? Why are they so
sloppy? How many times am i going to have to watch a webcast with some
Microsoft Product Manager prattling on about how Microsofts listens? About
how Microsoft cares? Only to have yet another release of a product go by
without addressing the basics of standards compliance.

Im sick of third party filters and other assorted surrogate hacks. I want
out of the box compliance. Is that soooo bloody hard to understand? And
while you're at it do something about that bleeding browser will you? For
Petes Sake!

:(

Scott Allen

Since noone else has chimed in, I'll mention that VS 2005 should
produce valid XHTML. I have not watched carefully to see if it is 100%
correct, but it is the designer isl autocompleting tags in an XHTML
way.

BrodieSola