    I want to download the source code for C library source code. Any body
    can help to give me a fast link?

    Thanks
    ruoqingmm, Apr 26, 2006

  2. ruoqingmm

    Vladimir Oka Guest

    ruoqingmm wrote:

    > I want to download the source code for C library source code. Any body
    > can help to give me a fast link?

    Try Googling for "glibc". The first link you get is:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/
    Vladimir Oka, Apr 26, 2006

  3. "ruoqingmm" <> writes:
    > I want to download the source code for C library source code. Any body
    > can help to give me a fast link?

    Why do you want this? I ask because there are a number of different
    implementations of the C standard library, and most of them will not
    work on systems other than the ones for which they were designed.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 26, 2006
  4. ruoqingmm

    ruoqingmm Guest

    Just want to study the source code.
    ruoqingmm, Apr 27, 2006
  5. "ruoqingmm" <> writes:
    > Just want to study the source code.

    Just want to study what source code?

    Read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 27, 2006
  6. ruoqingmm wrote:
    > Just want to study the source code.

    P. J. Plauger wrote a book on it, (but don't use his code, or else the
    Plauger Copyright Police will clamp down on you) and several
    implementations exist out there in cyberspace with varying degrees of
    copyright.

    Gregory Pietsch
    Gregory Pietsch, Apr 27, 2006
  7. ruoqingmm

    P.J. Plauger Guest

    "Gregory Pietsch" <> wrote in message

    > ruoqingmm wrote:
    >> Just want to study the source code.

    > P. J. Plauger wrote a book on it, (but don't use his code, or else the
    > Plauger Copyright Police will clamp down on you) and several
    > implementations exist out there in cyberspace with varying degrees of
    > copyright.

    The book grants permission to use the software in it for personal use,
    even to make executables that are freely distributable. You just can't
    distribute the source code without permission from me. (That's rather
    more than you get from the "fair use" provisions of copyright law.)

    P.J. Plauger
    Dinkumware, Ltd.
    http://www.dinkumware.com
    P.J. Plauger, Apr 27, 2006
  8. ruoqingmm

    David Wade Guest

    > ruoqingmm wrote:
    > > Just want to study the source code.

    > P. J. Plauger wrote a book on it, (but don't use his code, or else the
    > Plauger Copyright Police will clamp down on you) and several
    > implementations exist out there in cyberspace with varying degrees of
    > copyright.

    But that does not make it a bad book In fact if you want to udnerstand the
    "C" library its a real must. On the other hand if you just want to.look at
    source code then the souce to the GCC (www.gnu.org) and Watcom C libraries

    http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Main_Page#Source_Code_Access

    are available for free download. There is also a small C library in PDOS
    which you will find on sourceforge.

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pdos/pdos/pdpclib/

    David Wade, Apr 27, 2006
  9. "David Wade" <> writes:
    > "Gregory Pietsch" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ruoqingmm wrote:
    >> > Just want to study the source code.

    >> P. J. Plauger wrote a book on it, (but don't use his code, or else the
    >> Plauger Copyright Police will clamp down on you) and several
    >> implementations exist out there in cyberspace with varying degrees of
    >> copyright.
    >>

    > But that does not make it a bad book In fact if you want to udnerstand the
    > "C" library its a real must. On the other hand if you just want to.look at
    > source code then the souce to the GCC (www.gnu.org) and Watcom C libraries
    >
    > http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Main_Page#Source_Code_Access
    >
    > are available for free download. There is also a small C library in PDOS
    > which you will find on sourceforge.
    >
    > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pdos/pdos/pdpclib/

    There is a GNU C library, but it's a separate component (glibc), not
    part of gcc.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 27, 2006
  10. "ruoqingmm" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I want to download the source code for C library source code. Any body
    > can help to give me a fast link?

    In addition to the libraries (glibc, pdpclib) others have listed, you could
    look at these:

    Mingw libraries (Public Domain)
    http://www.mingw.org/

    Redhat Newlib (Open Source)