    So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
    sockets, in c++?

    , Apr 5, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
    > a socket class for c++?
    > I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
    > The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
    > I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
    > compile
    > on gcc-3.3
    >
    > So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
    > sockets, in c++?

    I suggest netclass library. It's multiplatform socket, thread library.
    http://netclass.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Gregor Razdrtic [Mufe]

    Gregor Razdrtic, Apr 5, 2005

  3. T. Nitschke Guest

    http://www.alhem.net/Sockets/index.html

    T. Nitschke, Apr 5, 2005

    Thanks.

    I'll try both of them, and see which one suits my
    needs.

    , Apr 5, 2005
  5. Drakan Guest

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/fedlibrary/

    Drakan, Apr 5, 2005
  6. Alex Vinokur Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I've searched a lot on google, but no one seems to develop
    > a socket class for c++?
    > I've found a lot of classes that works only on Windows.
    > The thing is that I need a BSD socket library.
    > I tried socket++1.1, but i guess that is too old, since it doesen't
    > compile
    > on gcc-3.3
    >
    > So, does any one knows where I can find a good class/library for
    > sockets, in c++?

    C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/

    --
    Alex Vinokur
    http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

    Alex Vinokur, Apr 5, 2005
  7. Winbatch Guest

    > C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/

    Alex,

    Have you tried to compile this on SUN? I get:
    make
    ------------------
    rm -f sockets.o
    CC -I. -w -D__UNIX__ -DSCREEN_LOG=1 -DMILESTONE_LOG=1 -DTRACE_LOG=0 -c
    sockets.cpp
    "sockets.h", line 116: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    "sockets.h", line 121: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    "sockets.cpp", line 107: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    "sockets.cpp", line 357: Error: INADDR_NONE is not defined.
    4 Error(s) detected.

    Winbatch, Apr 6, 2005
  8. Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Winbatch" <> wrote in message news:6VI4e.41160$...

    > > C++ Stream Compatible TCP/IP Sockets
    > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-sockets/
    > >

    > Alex,
    >
    > Have you tried to compile this on SUN? I get:
    > make
    > ------------------
    > rm -f sockets.o
    > CC -I. -w -D__UNIX__ -DSCREEN_LOG=1 -DMILESTONE_LOG=1 -DTRACE_LOG=0 -c
    > sockets.cpp
    > "sockets.h", line 116: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    > accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    > "sockets.h", line 121: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    > accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    > "sockets.cpp", line 107: Error: TCPSocketWrapper::socket_type is not
    > accessible from TCPSocketWrapper::TCPAcceptedSocket.
    > "sockets.cpp", line 357: Error: INADDR_NONE is not defined.
    > 4 Error(s) detected.

    Hi,

    I have compile that with compiler GNU g++ 3.3.1 on Windows in Cygwin environment (UNIX-like OS).
    There were no problems.
    I didn't compile it on SUN.

    Could you compile that with GNU g++?

    Also please look on lines 100-106 in "sockets.h".

    Which typedef is actually applied in your system?

    Alex Vinokur, Apr 6, 2005
  9. Kirienko

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Try NetLink Sockets C++ Library.

    The easiest to use and also the more logical. You can do everything in a very easy way (you can check out the examples in its website). You should give it a try.

    Features (got from the website):

    • Cross Platform (Linux, OSX, Windows Vista/7)
    • Easy to use
    • Powerful
    • Supports both Ip4 and Ip6
    • RPC (Remote Procedure Call) System
    Project site:
    http ://sourceforge . net/projects/netlinksockets​

    Examples of use:
    http ://netlinksockets . sourceforge. net​

    (Sorry I can not post links)

    Kirienko, May 5, 2010