Where can I find a newsgroup about ASP coding without .NET involved?

RP

Hello, I haven't moved to NET yet. Still using good old ASP and ADO plain
vanilla. Is there a newsgroup that I can ask a question on? All I see are
the ..NET versions.

Actuall I have VS Net loaded but everytime I go in the Dev Env I get
overwhelmed. :) Can't get the Debugger to start(F5) . I guess what I am
saying is that I'd be happy to try .NET if I could get over the culture
shock of the IDE. Can this IDE run my old ASP code? Any suggestions. For
kick, I'll show you the code block I'm using and maybe someone can tell me
if this is easily converted to .NET.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

This code usually works the first time I run it, but if I hit refresh it
fails with:
"Unspecified error
/cosmetic/ask_dup.asp, line 12"

which is the connection.open statement.

Makes me think it's an ODBC driver issue since I am closing the recordset
and connection objects.

<% @LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY >

<SELECT NAME="category">
<OPTION>Select a category... </OPTION>
<%
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.open "cosmetic"
sql = "SELECT * FROM tblCategory"
Set rs = conn.execute(sql,inNumRecs, 1)

If (rs.EOF and rs.BOF) then
Response.End
else
rs.MoveFirst
do while not rs.EOF
%>
<OPTION VALUE="<%=rs("id")%>"> <%=rs("category")%> </OPTION>
<%
rs.MoveNext
Loop
end if