Where can I find all the ruby classes and methods?

Victor Reyes

I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
a particular version and release.
Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
classes documented?
I have several ruby docs, but I don't know of any particular pub that
contains all the classes and methods.

Thank you

Victor

James Britt

Victor said:
I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
a particular version and release.
Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
classes documented?

Well, for 1.8.2 you can look at

http://www.ruby-doc.org/doxygen/1.8.2/index.html
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

but Ruby does not yet have complete documentation.

James

--

http://www.ruby-doc.org
http://www.rubyxml.com

Nathaniel Talbott

I was wondering where can I find ALL the ruby classes and methods for
a particular version and release.
Someone was talking about date/holiday.rb, but where are all these
classes documented?
I have several ruby docs, but I don't know of any particular pub that
contains all the classes and methods.

As others have mentioned, when I want to know what's available I
usually go to http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/. However, when I REALLY want
to know (such as when I was looking for holiday.rb), I go to
http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby/ and browse the source
tree. The online CVS browser is a great resource, especially for
figuring out differences between versions.

HTH,

Nathaniel

<:((><