Where can I find sample "beginner" programs to study?

Todd_Calhoun

I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

Thanks.

wes weston

Todd_Calhoun said:
I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

Thanks.
Todd,
Have you been here:

http://www.python.org/doc/

and tried the tutorial or beginners guide?
The tutorial has all the pieces you use most
often.

wes

moma

Todd_Calhoun said:
I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

Thanks.
Hello,

http://www.python.org (docs -> tutorial)
http://www.python.org/doc/ !

http://www.diveintopython.org
http://www.byteofpython.info

Eggs are here. Bring some bacon.
http://www.python-eggs.org/links.html
--------

Cross platform GUI-programs:
http://www.wxPython.org
Widgets documentation: http://www.wxPython.org
--------

IDEs (programmers Python editors, if you want one):

Eric
http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

Dr.Python
http://drpython.sourceforge.net/

?

// moma
http://www.futuredesktop.org/OpenOffice.html
http://www.futuredesktop.org/hpc_linux.html

Todd_Calhoun

Thanks for the great links. The cookbook page has some smaller stuff that
looks great.