    I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
    any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

    Thanks.
    Todd_Calhoun, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Todd_Calhoun

    wes weston Guest

    Todd_Calhoun wrote:
    > I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
    > any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Todd,
    Have you been here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/

    and tried the tutorial or beginners guide?
    The tutorial has all the pieces you use most
    often.

    wes
    wes weston, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Todd_Calhoun

    moma Guest

    Todd_Calhoun wrote:
    > I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there are
    > any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hello,

    http://www.python.org (docs -> tutorial)
    http://www.python.org/doc/ !

    http://www.diveintopython.org
    http://www.byteofpython.info

    Eggs are here. Bring some bacon.
    http://www.python-eggs.org/links.html
    --------

    Cross platform GUI-programs:
    http://www.wxPython.org
    Widgets documentation: http://www.wxPython.org
    --------

    IDEs (programmers Python editors, if you want one):

    Eric
    http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

    Dr.Python
    http://drpython.sourceforge.net/

    ?

    // moma
    http://www.futuredesktop.org/OpenOffice.html
    http://www.futuredesktop.org/hpc_linux.html
    moma, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Todd_Calhoun

    JanC Guest

    Todd_Calhoun schreef:

    > I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if
    > there are any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.

    Try:
    <http://www.uselesspython.com/>
    <http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/>

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Todd_Calhoun

    Todd_Calhoun Guest

    Thanks for the great links. The cookbook page has some smaller stuff that
    looks great.

    Todd_Calhoun, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Todd_Calhoun

    Marc Poulin Guest

    Todd_Calhoun wrote:

    > I'm trying to learn Python (and programming), and I'm wondering if there
    > are any places where I can find small, simple programs to study.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Look at
    http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/

    Good projects and tutorials for beginners.
    Marc Poulin, Jan 29, 2005
  7. On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:41:05 +0100, moma <> wrote:

    >Eggs are here. Bring some bacon.
    >http://www.python-eggs.org/links.html

    Hi,

    interesting site, but who is maintaining this
    page. I'd like to add some new links.
    --
    Franz Steinhaeusler
    Franz Steinhaeusler, Jan 31, 2005