Where can I find the ansi C source code of linux?

wwxw_0

I am going to have some look at the ansi C implemention source of
linux, such as stdio, file operation and so on, Where can I get some
source code, I have downloaded linux source code but I cann't find
anything about it. Does anybody know this?

Thanks!

Robert Gamble

I am going to have some look at the ansi C implemention source of
linux, such as stdio, file operation and so on, Where can I get some
source code, I have downloaded linux source code but I cann't find
anything about it. Does anybody know this?

Linux is an operating system kernel, it does not implement the Standard
C library. glibc is the C library distributed with almost every Linux
distribution, the source code is freely available at
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/ but it is not written in strict ANSI C.
If you are looking for a C library implementation written in ANSI C
(the parts that can be that is), I strongly recommend you check out
P.J. Plauger's fantastic book on the subject: The Standard C Library.

Robert Gamble

Nick Keighley

weiguo said:
sorry,i do not know.

you do not know *what*. Please leave some context in your post, that
is quote what you are replying to. Look at other posts on this ng
for examples of how to do this.

gsl

--
Nick Keighley

It's always September. But sometimes it is _more_ September.
Jim Cameron (clc)

Kenny McCormack

you do not know *what*. Please leave some context in your post, that
is quote what you are replying to. Look at other posts on this ng
for examples of how to do this.

Actually, on a garbage thread like this one, it is probably just as well.