where can I find Word.* and Project.*?

vizlab

In a Java program, there is:

import Word.*;
import Project.*;

System reports that they cannot be found.
Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?
Thanks a lot!

Roedy Green

import Word.*;
import Project.*;

System reports that they cannot be found.
Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

Stefan Poehn

Roedy Green said:
The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

This somebody should have been able to build this software. Perhaps this
somebody has written a makefile, build script or build instructions, where
the classpath to build this software can be found. Somewhere in this
classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
Project.* can be found.

Joona I Palaste

vizlab said:
But where can I find word.* and project.*?
Thanks very much.

I don't think these packages are defined by any standard. Therefore,
there may be several mutually incompatible packages from different
authors that share these names. You will have to contact the people
you got your original code from, because they're the only ones to
know what their packages are supposed to do.
Your problem is analogous to trying to find an old friend in a big city
(say, New York or London) when all you know about him is that his first
name is Roger.

vizlab

But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
directory.
I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

Thanks a lot for more hints.

Best

Christophe Vanfleteren

vizlab said:
But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
directory.
I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

Thanks a lot for more hints.

Sure, if you can tell me were that left sock of mine went :)

Seriously, as someother posters have already pointed out, since it is not a
standard (or well-known) package, no-one here has an idea about where you
could find it. Ask the people who coded your app originally.

Roedy Green

I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

Are you sure this program EVER worked?

Roedy Green

But where can I find word.* and project.*?
Thanks very much.

Where did you get the code that references them come from? The author
of that code is one who can help you. Likely he still has them.

If you can guess the actual class names e.g.

Word.Doc you can turn some global search engine loose on all likely
candidate computers for it, also getting it to look inside zips and
jars.

Bryce

hi,

just a wild guess:
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/

ok, a wild guess supported by a google search for:
"import word.*" java "public class"

If that's it, then the capitals on the imports are incorrect... Also,
its nice that intrinsyc, or whoever they are are following standard
package naming conventions.... <thats sarcasm...>