    System reports that they cannot be found.
    Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?
    Thanks a lot!
    vizlab, Jun 25, 2004

  2. vizlab

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, (vizlab)
    wrote or quoted :

    > import Word.*;
    > import Project.*;
    >
    > System reports that they cannot be found.
    > Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

    The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
    letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 25, 2004

  3. vizlab

    Stefan Poehn Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On 24 Jun 2004 21:32:28 -0700, (vizlab)
    > wrote or quoted :
    >
    > > import Word.*;
    > > import Project.*;
    > >
    > > System reports that they cannot be found.
    > > Could anyone tell me where I can locate them?

    > The are not standard packages. Packages always start with a lower case
    > letter. Somebody who does not know Java well wrote them and has them.

    This somebody should have been able to build this software. Perhaps this
    somebody has written a makefile, build script or build instructions, where
    the classpath to build this software can be found. Somewhere in this
    classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
    Project.* can be found.

    Stefan Poehn, Jun 25, 2004
  4. vizlab

    vizlab Guest

    But where can I find word.* and project.*?
    Thanks very much.

    vizlab, Jun 25, 2004
  5. vizlab <> scribbled the following:
    > But where can I find word.* and project.*?
    > Thanks very much.

    I don't think these packages are defined by any standard. Therefore,
    there may be several mutually incompatible packages from different
    authors that share these names. You will have to contact the people
    you got your original code from, because they're the only ones to
    know what their packages are supposed to do.
    Your problem is analogous to trying to find an old friend in a big city
    (say, New York or London) when all you know about him is that his first
    name is Roger.

    "It sure is cool having money and chicks."
    - Beavis and Butt-head
    Joona I Palaste, Jun 25, 2004
  6. vizlab

    vizlab Guest

    But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
    directory.
    I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
    from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
    I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
    It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
    If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

    Thanks a lot for more hints.

    Best

    vizlab, Jun 25, 2004
  7. hi,

    vizlab wrote:
    > In a Java program, there is:
    >
    > import Word.*;
    > import Project.*;

    just a wild guess:
    http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/

    ok, a wild guess supported by a google search for:
    "import word.*" java "public class"

    Wolf
    Wolf Martinus, Jun 25, 2004
  8. On 25 Jun 2004 07:38:30 -0700, vizlab wrote:

    > I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
    > from Word.*

    word.* and
    Word.* represent _different_ packages.

    Perhaps you would be better server at
    another group for the moment.

    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jun 25, 2004
  9. vizlab wrote:

    > But I really cannot find Word.* and Project.* anywhere in this program
    > directory.
    > I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
    > from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
    > I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
    > It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
    > If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for more hints.

    Sure, if you can tell me were that left sock of mine went :)

    Seriously, as someother posters have already pointed out, since it is not a
    standard (or well-known) package, no-one here has an idea about where you
    could find it. Ask the people who coded your app originally.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Jun 25, 2004
  10. vizlab

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:25:52 +0200, "Stefan Poehn"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Somewhere in this
    >classpath there must be a directory or jar-file where the Word.* and
    >Project.* can be found.

    hint: the original directories where the source lives will be called
    Word and Project. If the class files are in a jar, the member names
    will be Word/something and Project/something.

    See http://mindprod.com/projects/jarcatalog.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 25, 2004
  11. vizlab

    Roedy Green Guest

    wrote or quoted :

    >I saw online that somebody had also used "import word.*". The classes
    >from Word.* are Document, Application, Selection.
    >I doubt Word.* is a standard package, used to process word document.
    >It works like ADO or DAO in VB.
    >If Word.* is a standard package, where can I find/download it?

    Are you sure this program EVER worked?

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 25, 2004
  12. vizlab

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 25 Jun 2004 06:17:26 -0700, (vizlab)
    wrote or quoted :

    >But where can I find word.* and project.*?
    >Thanks very much.

    Where did you get the code that references them come from? The author
    of that code is one who can help you. Likely he still has them.

    If you can guess the actual class names e.g.

    Word.Doc you can turn some global search engine loose on all likely
    candidate computers for it, also getting it to look inside zips and
    jars.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 25, 2004
  13. vizlab

    Bryce Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:18:42 +0200, Wolf Martinus <>
    wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >vizlab wrote:
    >> In a Java program, there is:
    >>
    >> import Word.*;
    >> import Project.*;

    >just a wild guess:
    >http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
    >
    >ok, a wild guess supported by a google search for:
    >"import word.*" java "public class"

    If that's it, then the capitals on the imports are incorrect... Also,
    its nice that intrinsyc, or whoever they are are following standard
    package naming conventions.... <thats sarcasm...>

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Jun 25, 2004