    able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.

    Do you know any?

    Thanks,

    Zero, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Zero wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to learn to use the bn.h library, but haven't not been
    > able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.
    >
    > Do you know any?
    >
    > Thanks,

    I just finished porting the OpenSSL BigNumber library to an
    embedded processor.

    Try this site:
    http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/bn.html#

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Zero wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to learn to use the bn.h library, but haven't not been
    > able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.

    I doubt "bn.h" is a library; the form of the filename suggests a header
    file. Libraries, depending on the implementation and platform, tend to
    have names like "bn.lib" or "libbn.a".

    In any case, nowhere in the C language is such a beast as "bn.h" mentioned.
    You need to ask whoever supplies this non-standard thing.

    --
    Martin Ambuhl

    Martin Ambuhl, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Zero

    Zero Guest

    Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
    declared and initialised?

    I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
    but how do you actually give your variable a value?

    Thanks,

    Zero, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Zero

    Mark Gordon Guest

    On 7 Nov 2003 07:27:52 -0800
    (Zero) wrote:

    > Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
    > declared and initialised?
    >
    > I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
    > but how do you actually give your variable a value?

    Not in this group. You need to find a mailing list or group for the
    bignum package you are using and ask there. A good starting point would
    be whatever is referenced in the documentation provided with the
    package or the place you obtained the package from.

    In here we only discuss the aspects of C programming defined by K&R1 and
    the subsequent ANSI/ISO standards, including only the standard library.
    We do not discuss other libraries and nor do we discuss algorithms.

    > (Zero) wrote in message

    Please don't top post. It makes it far harder to follow a thread and is
    against Usenet conventions as defined in the relevant RFC, the number
    of which has slipped my mind.

    <snip>
    --
    Mark Gordon

    Mark Gordon, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Zero

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] Where can I get a manual or a BIGNUM pakage? (bn.h)

    "Zero" <> wrote in message
    > Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
    > declared and initialised?

    This will depend upon the particular 'bignum' library
    being used. All those I've seen have documentation
    available.

    > I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
    > but how do you actually give your variable a value?

    Try Reading the Directions.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Zero wrote:
    > Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
    > declared and initialised?
    >
    > I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
    > but how do you actually give your variable a value?

    What part of my previous
    > In any case, nowhere in the C language is such a beast as "bn.h"
    > mentioned. You need to ask whoever supplies this non-standard thing.

    did you not understand? Your continuing to post about something obviously
    off-topic here, even after being told, suggests that you have a learning
    disability.

    --
    Martin Ambuhl

    Martin Ambuhl, Nov 7, 2003