Where can I get a manual or a BIGNUM pakage? (bn.h)

Zero

Hi,

I would like to learn to use the bn.h library, but haven't not been
able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.

Do you know any?

Thanks,

Thomas Matthews

Zero said:
Hi,

I would like to learn to use the bn.h library, but haven't not been
able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.

Do you know any?

Thanks,

I just finished porting the OpenSSL BigNumber library to an
embedded processor.

Try this site:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/bn.html#

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Martin Ambuhl

Zero said:
Hi,

I would like to learn to use the bn.h library, but haven't not been
able to find any manuals, tutorials or examples for it.

I doubt "bn.h" is a library; the form of the filename suggests a header
file. Libraries, depending on the implementation and platform, tend to
have names like "bn.lib" or "libbn.a".

In any case, nowhere in the C language is such a beast as "bn.h" mentioned.
You need to ask whoever supplies this non-standard thing.

Zero

Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
declared and initialised?

I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
but how do you actually give your variable a value?

Thanks,

Mark Gordon

On 7 Nov 2003 07:27:52 -0800
Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
declared and initialised?

I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
but how do you actually give your variable a value?

Not in this group. You need to find a mailing list or group for the
bignum package you are using and ask there. A good starting point would
be whatever is referenced in the documentation provided with the
package or the place you obtained the package from.

In here we only discuss the aspects of C programming defined by K&R1 and
the subsequent ANSI/ISO standards, including only the standard library.
We do not discuss other libraries and nor do we discuss algorithms.
(e-mail address removed) (Zero) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

Please don't top post. It makes it far harder to follow a thread and is
against Usenet conventions as defined in the relevant RFC, the number
of which has slipped my mind.

<snip>

Mike Wahler

Zero said:
Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
declared and initialised?

This will depend upon the particular 'bignum' library
being used. All those I've seen have documentation
available.
I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
but how do you actually give your variable a value?

Try Reading the Directions.

-Mike

Martin Ambuhl

Zero said:
Could anyone show me some examples of how BIGNUM variables can be
declared and initialised?

I mean I know there are *BN_new() and BN_init() and this kinda thing,
but how do you actually give your variable a value?

What part of my previous
In any case, nowhere in the C language is such a beast as "bn.h"
> mentioned. You need to ask whoever supplies this non-standard thing.

did you not understand? Your continuing to post about something obviously
off-topic here, even after being told, suggests that you have a learning
disability.